Tuesday, May 06, 2008

No Trip To Canada...........Monday Holiday In Korea

I went to book my trip to Canada last week and found out that it was going to cost me between 2500 and 2900 dollars, at the cheapest!!!!
The travel agent told me that the most expensive time to travel to Canada is July and August. Kind of makes sense if you think about it, just like other places due to the summer and kid's holidays and people travelling home and back.


I was not willing to pay that kind of money to spend 2 weeks in Canada, plus the double flying that I would have had to do. What I mean by that is that I would have come back from England on August 30th and then flew from there to Korea the next day on August 31st. So my decision was made up.


I will fly directly to England and will leave on August 14th and return to Korea on August 31st. That gives me 3 weekends there and also saves me a lot of money plus less time off work. I really wanted to go to Canada, but money wise, it would have been insane and I don't have that kind of money. I am a little disappointed that I won't be spending more time with my family, but we are still going to see each other.


My Mum, Dad, Sister, Nephew, Niece and Son, will all be flying together from Canada to England on August 15th, so I get to England a day before them. It will still mean that we will have about 17 days together, or thereabouts, which I think is great.


Today, Monday, was a holiday here in Korea. It is "Children's Day." Everyone has the day off and most families did something or went somewhere with their kids. I just hung out at home and went and had a sauna at the Hamilton Hotel. My gym is shut on Monday's, so I couldn't workout today.


Rob came over and did his washing at my house and we listened to some funny clips of the "Jerky Boys." If you have never heard of them, you should check them out. They used to call people up and using different character personalities, play jokes on them and have them on......so funny!!!!!


Tonight, I was supposed to go and meet Jenny, a Korean girl that I know from the UN Club. She is the bartender there and today was her birthday. I went all the way to Hongdae, but I was about 20mins late and her phone wasn't working, so I ended up not meeting her. She was with a bunch of people, so I don't know where they went. She should have called me, but probably didn't know my number due to her phone problem. Anyway, I will see her tomorrow and drop her birthday present off at the club. Hongdae is not that far from my house and only took about 10 mins in a taxi to get back home.


Not much else going on. Back to work tomorrow and next Monday is a holiday, also. It is Buddah's Birthday! Two Mondays off in a row.....kind of nice!!!!!!


All the pics of are my students, by the way!

No comments: