Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day, Dad! External Drive Sorted.....Internal Drive On The Mend

I can be the bearer of some optimal news; I am feeling much better and think that the sinus infection is gone, but one can never be sure can one.......

I took my external hard-drive back to Yongsan where I bought it and they found a part was crushed, fried or whatever they call it in computer lingo. It will be repaired for free and should only take about 2 days. I only live 10 minutes from Yongsan, so that suits me fine. I am happy that I won't lose all the 400G of music that I have on there.....hahaha.


Today is a special day of course. It's Father's Day. It is a day to remember your Dad for all of the special thing that a Dad is. My Dad has been such an insipiration for me. He is the straightest arrow that I know and that used to really piss me off because he was right most of the time. Doesn't bother me anymore, though...haha.


He has always had life sorted out and lives it on his own terms, which for most people including me, was very difficult to do. I have figured it out and I owe a lot of the reasons why to him and my Mum of course. He always taught me to be true to myself, to be honest about everything and to always do the right thing. I guess what I could say is that my Dad has taught me INTEGRITY in all areas of my life, both personal and professional.


It can be very difficult to live your life with complete integrity, but once you figure it out, it is the most rewarding way to live your life, ever! Another thing that sticks in my mind about what Dad used to say to me is this: Your time costs you nothing, give it freely whenever you can. That is probably the one area of my life that I am constant at. I always try to give time to all of my friends and family, even if it is difficult at times.
Anyway, Happy Father's Day, Dad, you are the best! You are also a very funny man and have given me that ability to have a good laugh at everything. Thanks, Dad!


1 comment:

Dave Anjema said...

he is a funny man, isn't he?! hope you're feeling much better dude! C'mon Holland! perfect timing being here really...