Sunday, February 03, 2008

Alcohol Free!

For the first time that I can remember in the last year or maybe more, I have not drank at all this weekend. It was a conscious choice, as I have had enough of being out on the piss every weekend and ruining every Sunday, as I was too tired to do anything after getting home, sometimes after 5am or so.

Time for reflections, as I say. I am always looking at ways to improve myself and this is one of those times. I want to be healthier and there are 3 parts to that equation; good diet, good exercise and good sleep. Booze needs to be minimal if not non-existen at times. I am not going to become a born-again, by any means, but need to just re-adjust my lifestyle to incorporate a more healther me. I do want to live to 100, by the way and get one of those awards by the monarchy for being a centenarian!!!!!!


So, there you are. The new me feels better and what a difference this Sunday was. I went to the gym, did some washing, did my shopping and cleaned the house. Did some lesson reports, downloaded some music and generally had a great day. Got loads of energy and I slept a lot better last night.


Dave came over and we watched 3 premiership games on my pc. Liverpool won, but still looked very shaky at times, but a win is a win and we gained on all the teams except Arsenal who are now top, alone. Man U tied in the last minute after having being dominated by Tottenham and not deserving anything out of the game.


Richard is coming over tonight, at midnight and we are going to watch the quarter-final game between Ghana and Nigeria. Come on, Nigeria!!!! Richard is so passionate about Nigeria and it is fun to watch a game with him.


They don't show any of the games on t.v. here, I don't have one anyway! Online is the way to go. I have watched about 10 of the Africa Cup of Nations already. I think the best team right now looks like either Ivory Coast or Egypt, but like any tournament, that can change after just one game.


Capello has chosen his first England team and by all opinions, seems to have done a good job. Beckham was not given a run-out because of sentimentality, but I still believe that he will get his 100th cap and I think he deserves it, as he has been an ambassador for the sport and although some of his legacy is shrouded in controversy, he still has done a lot of good for the England team, past and present.


I am off to cook some curry and rice now and have a nice supper. Going to check the news and other events online and then off for a nap, as I will be getting up about 11.30 to watch the premiership games and then at 2am the Nigeria game with Richard being here.

1 comment:

tonight at noon said...

you do what you gotta do paulie... glad you were able to take it easy. wish i could say i did the same thing... needless to say, today was long and painful due to my carelessness this past weekend... good times though. hope you and richard had a nice time watching the game.