Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Big Week Looming!

Tomorrow is the big match. Liverpool vs Chelsea in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final. Come on Liverpool, do us proud again and get us in the final and on our way to Moscow for the final!




The last week has been one of ups and downs. Of course the down was Isaiah's mother passing away. The up was the Duran Duran concert, which was absolutely magnificent. The group were fabulous and I was so impressed with their stage presence and their overall performance. A great light show and Simon Le Bon's voice was awesome. The musicianship was great and it was well worth going to see. They played a lot of songs from the new cd and they were great. They played a lot of the old classics as well and I was thrilled with the overall song choice.



I finally finished my 7 days of medecine for my infection, but I am not quite sure if it has completely gone! I am still sniffling and after a couple of days of no colour, it seems to have come back again. Shit!!!!!!!!!



The weather here has turned for the best into Spring weather. The nights are a little cooler still, but overall, the days are very nice and quite hot at times. I have good news at school, too. They are installing an air-conditioner in the classroom.......alleluiah, alleluiah!!!!!!!!!



The school are in the thros of finding a new teacher, which is no easy task. They even asked me if I could find a teacher. The cheeky bastards though would pay you nothing even if you found a teacher. Compare that to when they use a recruiting company who they usually pay about a thousand dollars. Cheapos I call them!!!!!! Needless to say, I will not be looking for a teacher. Number one, it is not my job and number two, it goes totally unappreciated even if you do. I am sticking to teaching and concentrating on that, nothing else.



I have been seeing a Russian girl, Olga, for the last few weeks. I have hung out with her a few times. I went for a walk around a park yesterday and then had dinner and went to a coffee shop later on. She is good company and speaks English quite well, of course. She has her own small clothing business here in Seoul. She buys clothes from here and ships them back to Russia. She has a good sense of humour and I can honestly say that I have enjoyed actually hanging out with her. Quite unusual for me, I must say.....hehe. She is also 39 years old, too, so much more within my age range than usual......again, hehehe. She looks much younger than her age, though. I thought she was about 29 or so when I first met her.







No comments: