Tuesday, November 06, 2007

It's Been A While Since My Last Blog

It still amazes me how fast time just passes by sometimes. I think we are all guilty of wanting the time to go forward to either the weekend or some special occassion that we are really looking forward to. My! How time flies by!






I am doing my best to treasure the moments in between those kind of thoughts and not to get carried away with wanting time to pass by too quickly. I want to try and enjoy each and every day to its utmost. That way, I am not wishing my life away or should I say, my time away. Sounds corny, I know, but that is how I feel sometimes.






The last week has flown by. Since the Halloween party at my school and then Sara's party at her house and Fragile and Izabelle coming to see me from Hong Kong, the hours have just been full of activity and good times. So I guess I should start at the Halloween party at my school.






We had a good time. All 3 teachers were dressed up and quite a few of the students. Isaiah and I supplied all the money to pay for the pizzas and other hot snacks for all of the students. We had agreed to do this and we thoroughly enjoyed seeing the kids eat and have a good time. We played a few games and generally soaked up the Halloween spirit.






The Koreans themselves don't really celebrate Halloween. It is only the ESL schools and places that are frequented by foreigners that go out of their way to celebrate the festival.






There were parties all over Seoul in different pubs and bars, but overall most of the foreigners did not dress up. I dressed up in a mask and a cape to go to Sara's party at her house, but didn't dress up for anything around my area in the bars and pubs.






The party at Sara's house was really good and it happened to be her birthday as well as Catriona's going-away party, too. Catriona finished a year and is off travelling and then back to Ireland. Sara is done in 4 weeks also.






One of the hardest things about living overseas in this job type, is the amount of people that you have to say goodbye to. It hardens you up, but really never gets any better. A lot of people come for the experience and don't stay that long, really. If they do stay, usually 2 years is the maximum. I am going on my 5th year now. Rob has been here 6 years and Dave 7 plus.






People come and go, but they remain friends. With the Internet, there is no excuse not to keep in touch with anyone nowdays. It is however sometimes sad to see some people go. I always tell them that out paths will cross one day again.....I promise.....I hope. Facebook is a great thing to keep in touch as well as things like this blog and email and other websites.






That is me in that horrible mask, going to Sara's party on the bus!
Enough for this blog. I have posted some pics and will do another blog about the weekend, when Fragile and Izabelle came to visit me from Hong Kong.

1 comment:

Dave Anjema said...

that mask was great! wish I got more video of you scaring those people on the street! hilarious!