Thursday, February 23, 2006

Hey fat boy.... Time to get back to the gym!


Back to the gym again this week to shed some of the pounds put on over the Winter season. Due to the lack of activity caused by my bad elbow, I weighed in at a nice whopping 235 pounds. It is strange though as I didn't show it in my face, but sure as hell did in the midriff!!!
The gym is across the street from my apartment and is literally a one minute walk away.
The gyms here are quite unique. The supply you with a t-shirt and shorts and also with towels and soap and after shave lotion. I have my own overnight locker, whick I use to keep my running shoes and shaving bag in. I don't have to take anything to the gym with me, as everything is there already. No towels to wash and only underwear and socks to wash. It really is a cultural phenomenon. The gym has universal machines and a power rack and a larger array of dumbells. It also has treadmills that feature a t.v. at every machine complete with headphones. It makes it a lot easier when you are running and can tune out the pain.
The place is a good price by Korean standard too. I paid 160 dollars for 3 months, but as I said everything is there for you. By Western standards the gyms here are a little expensive or should I say by North American standards.

To tell you the truth, I was going through the pics on my computer and found this one and for sure it has inspired me to get back to the gym and get healthy again....... Hahahaha........


2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.