Sunday, February 26, 2006

Say hello to some of the people at Avalon that I work with!

The first picture is of Rebecca with her usual Cheshire cat grin. She is from the West Coast of Canada. Rebecca is always full of fun and a very good teacher of course.
Lyndsey is the next picture. She is American and I am not sure whereabouts! She talks almost as much as I do, if that is possible. She has a a great spirit about her and watching her interact with the students is a treat.



Avalon School is the name of the school that I am working at. The main headquarters are located in Jonga-Dong in Bundang. The school boasts approximately 10 to 11 campuses with a total of over 50 English teachers. Most of the teachers are either Canadian or American, but there is always the exception to the rule like myself. They hired me to teach them PROPER English!
The schools are run very professionally and they have a system in place that ensures that the students all learn English progressively. There are quizzes and tests on a regular basis as well as input from the parents. The Korean teachers have a big workload and are a great help to us at the school with matters relating to student's attitudes as well as positive reinforcement.
I am working at Sunae campus with 6 other English teachers. The pictures below are of the teachers at my school and there is a brief description about each of them and where they herald from. Some of the teachers don't like their pictures being taken at all, so I have had to improvise and try other ways to get them onto my web page; hence the picture of the inside of an Avalon promotion book!
Wayne and Scott are not on this page, but James, Lyndsey, Rebecca and Dave are.

This is a page taken out of a promotional book by Avalon. The picture shows most of the teachers at my school, but there are several teachers not in the picture, including myself.

This is James, another one of the teachers at my school. He is American too. As far as I know he has been in Korea for a few years. James has a good sense of humour and is a pleasure to work with.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

no one could EVER talk as much as you, paul.

:)

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.