Sunday, March 25, 2007

Step One Accomplished: Found A Place To Live.

It didn't take long for me to find a place. I will be living with a woman who is around 45ish and we will be sharing a house right in Itaewon.

A pic of Warrington Pub again. There is another one further down the page.




Westminster Abbey in all of its glory. What a fantastic building it is!




Pic of China Town in London. A nice area and loads of character.




Below: We had a saying as I was growing up. " You are standing there like one of Lewis's." That refers to the statue that is so infamously known outside the department store. In other words, you are doing nothing like that statue.





Below is a pic of a pub right down on Lime Street in Liverpool.






Itaewon is a fantastic location and is stuck right in where all the action is. There are pubs and clubs and even a 24 hour sauna with a gym as well as hotels, motels and shops and cafes. It really is a buzzing place with loads to do all of the time......exactly my kind of place.


Pic of left to right; Auntie May, Jamie, Auntie Betty and myself.




I think this is one of Westminster Abbey. Not really sure though. It was around that area, anyway.





Michael and Janet Laski and their youngest son. The eldest son is in Afghanistan as a British Marine.






The woman's name is Kate and she hails from Victoria, British Columbia. She is not at the house much as she works and has another place provided by the job that she has. She likes the place so much though, she doesn't want to relinquish it.


Pic of the next generation of McCarthys and Neerys and Laskis...........can't remember half their names. The big lad, Michael goes to S.F.X. the school that I went to in Woolton.




Pic of the last night that we spent in Liverpool on Lark's Lane. Quite a posh place and a few really, really nice places to eat and hangout. We ended up going upstairs and doing the quiz night. We had a good laugh and won 5 pound and a bottle of wine in the draw at the end.




Kate, my roomate, told me she is mostly home on the weekend and maybe once during the week. That suits me great and we discussed ground rules and such. We seemed to get along quite well and to tell you the truth, I am just thrilled to have a place and to start moving my stuff in there.
A fitting pic of our David who is a seargeant in the Liverpool Police Force. He is on the left, his brother, our Jonathan, is on the right.


I will move my stuff initially in there tomorrow and I have to get the rest of the stuff from Bundang at Jeremy's house and Rebecca's. I am going to ask Dave if he can help me move it from there to here.
Where I live in Itaewon is really, really steep. There is a great view of the Seoul Tower and I will post some pics as soon as I can.
A pic of our Peter and his wife, Jackie. I hadn't seen Peter since I emigrated to Canada in 1978. That is just crazy!!!!!!!! I saw him twice in the same week in Liverpool.
He picked me up and took me to his house and I met his sisters;our Lorraine, Michelle and their kids, as well as my Auntie Margaret. Lisa, the youngest sister lives in Sheffield and I didn't have a chance to see her......too bad, maybe next time.
Peter gave me a shirt worn by one of my heroes; Jimmy Case.......thanks cuz.



There is a hook-up for the internet, so I will be able to surf at home, which is also great. There is a water machine also, which is always an added benefit.
A pic of the train that we took to London for our day trip. I am one of those, you know!!!!


I am going to try and post some pics of my trip over the 7 weeks and add little bits to explain where and what they were. Some of them however are quite self-explanatory.

No comments: