Saturday, September 08, 2007

Happy Wedding Anniversary To My Sister And Brother-In -Law!

Happy wedding anniverary to Jackie and Nuri. I hope to be at your 50th, okay!

The gym that I use is actually in the basement of a hotel here in Itaewon. The hotel is called "The Hamilton Hotel "and the gym is just called "The Hamilton Hotel Fitness Club."



It is attached to a sauna and also a thing called a 'jimjilbang,' which is where people lie around on the floor and they have different temperature rooms that you can go and sit in. They also have computers and a little kitchen that sells food. Koreans use it to chill out and of course everyone is in special outfits. They are removed once you go back to your side of the sauna and shower area.



The pics below are of two of my students; Henry and Jane. They are brother and sister. Jane is 8 years old and Henry is 12 or should I say 7 and 11, cos as you know, or do you, that when a child is born in Korea, they are already one year old.



There are a few countries around the world that think of it that way. They count the 9 months as being born and counting towards your age. I know for a fact that they do it the same way in Greece.



I am going to The Phillipines on September 20th until September 30......10 days of sunshine and chilling out. No students and best of all, sunshine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

tonight at noon said...

something tells me that the only sunshine you'll be seeing is when the sun comes up... lol
glad to hear you're taking some time off... enjoy, wish i was going with you. :D