Thursday, May 21, 2009

Been Here Almost 3 Weeks!

Where do I start? At the beginning, I suppose. Dragged my 60 kilos of baggage to the bus-stop in Seoul and then got on the bus to Incheon Airport. The date was April 30th and the time was 10.30am.

Got to the airport about 12 noon and proceeded to check in. Was told by Cathay Pacific that I was only allowed 22kilos........shit!!!!! Had to send the one suitcase by air cargo and also empty 5kgs out of it....total cost, £160! Didn't have any address to send it to, so put down my friend Sara's address in Manchester. Was told that it would be there in a week........rest of that story comes later, much later.

Flew to Hong Kong, which took about 3 hours. Good flight, but I was feeling a little sick and had a bit of a fever. Hot, hot, hot was the nature of the game. In the airport, it was roasting and I just could not get cool. Tried everything. Even paid £30 to one of these relaxation places. Had a shower, ate and relaxed at the place for 4 hours. I had a 5 hour lay-over at Hong Kong Airport before the flight to England.

Even in the 'spa' it was roasting .The manager even asked me to put a comment on the evaluation form online. Included in the price was a small, all-u-could-eat buffet and drinks, a shower, internet use and also a relaxing area to sit and read papers and magazines. I also had a 15 minute head and neck massage. Well worth the money and it did relax me, but not make me any cooler. Hot, hot, hot was the nature of the game, again!

Got on the British Airways flight and sat next to two "big" Chinese people. The seat was so uncomfortable and to add to the fever that I had, I also had a cramp in my back for the whole of the 13 hour flight! It was most possibly the worst flight that I have ever endured in all my times of travelling. The flight itself was fine and the service, but my overall health was not good and I only got out of my seat twice the whole flight and didn't eat the food until an hour before we landed, when I ate the breakfast. Had a headache the whole way, too, due to the fever and had no tablets to take.....my own fault, I reckon..........lol.

Got to Heathrow, London at 7am and then transferred onto a domestic airline to go to Manchester. Customs were fine and I entered the country on my new EU passport. Had my picture taken, which is the norm now for everyone that is entering the country and has not had it taken before. The flight from London was great and I arrived in Manchester about 8.30am......more or less. Got my luggage and then walked through the terminal for about 15 mins to get the train to Lime Street in Liverpool. Got the train and it only took about 50 mins and cost about £10. Then realized that I could get off at Wavertree Station, which is closer to where my friends that I was staying at, was. Got off there and hailed a taxi and arrived at Jackie and Alan's about 10am.

That is part one of the trip and I will add more blogs this weekend as I am getting the internet, phone and television all hooked up on Saturday morning. Oh, by the way, I have a ticket for the Liverpool vs Tottenham game. A friend of mine can't go, so he has a season ticket and said I can have his ticket.....bossssssss!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Dave Anjema said...

awesome! looking forward to hearing about the match and glad you're settling in!