Sunday, May 31, 2009

Acquiring New Information And Getting To Know Liverpool Better!

The week after my observing at a school, gave me more time to get all the 'normal' stuff back on track. Like I said before, I had a number of things to accomplish; work number, bank account, learn more about what was available for school plus the biggest day of all, Friday, May 22nd, the day of my interview to get into the teacher's program at John Moores.

I have been feeling a bit up and down lately. Sometimes, I feel a little bored, but that is to be expected being on my own for a lot of the time at the moment, as I am not working and not around any of my friends or co-workers during the day. I am not complaining, but sometimes it is a little overwhelming the amount of stuff that I have had to absorb plus the stress of thinking about getting into the teacher's program and of course, sadly that death of my Uncle Tony and thinking about the family and what they are all going through. Overall though, I am feeling quite happy about everything and once I know I am into the program, I will feel like the goal will finally be put into action.

I had the interview on the Friday and I must say, it went really well. It was very low-key and I was thrilled when the lady that interviewed me sa
id, "Well, everything looks fine to me, have a good summer and see you in September."

So that goal was accomplished and the plan was now put into action. The only concern now is about the money and how I can get access to loans or whatever else is offered by the university after being accepted into the PGCE program. If I didn't mention it before, included now in the PGCE program is a third of the credits needed towards a Masters Degree. It will be a tough year, for sure, but I feel that I am up to the challenge and am looking forward to the start of the program.

Friday night, I played footy again with Alan at Mather Avenue with the same crowd of fellas. I felt a little fitter and the hamstring didn't act up this time. I still need a few more games to start getting back to normal, but you have to crawl before you walk, right!

I am hooked on Britain's Got Talent and can't stop watching it online. Saturday, May 23rd, was the day to get my internet and phone and TV installed.....wahoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: