Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Move And The Adjustment To Life In Liverpool!


Once I moved into the flat, I had to get all the necessities, as I did not bring anything with me from South Korea. I had a lot of stuff here when I moved in, as it came pretty well completely furnished. I had a queen size bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, table and chairs and a two piece matching chair and sofa. The kitchen had a stove and a small fridge as well as some cutlery. Also, I had a brand new computer console with bookshelves that the landlords procured for me. The rest was up to me......kettle, toaster, iron, glasses, plates, etc........

As I said before, most of the organization was done before I even moved, thanks to Jacqui and Alan. How is this for great service: I gave Jacqui two of my travellers cheques, so that she could use the money to buy my stuff with, which she kindly cashed at her travel shop that she works in. I also had made a list of all the stuff that I needed and an estimate of how much each thing cost. There was a list of at least 15 or so things including appliances and dishes and and pillows and on and on. I was still observing at a school, so I didn't get finished until about 4pm everyday. Jacqui, who by the way has only just returned to working a few days a week as she was quite sick the last 7 months or so, finished work and proceeded to get all the things on my list and even found some stuff at better deals than I had hoped for......lol..........

I got back to Jacqui and Alan's house after school and then gave Jacqui a call to see if I could go and meet her over at the shopping center. She was already at the exit and had a shopping trolley and was wheeling it home with all the stuff in it. It was quite a funny sight to meet her coming through the little park with a trolley full of all my stuff. One of her neighbours had been nice enough to help her also get all the stuff as they had bumped into each other in the shopping center!!!!! It just doesn't get any better than that, does it!!!!!!!!!

I met her and her friend or should I say neighbour, and proceeded to wheel the cart with my microwave, kettle, dishes, pots and pans, glasses, pillows, iron and so many other things, back to the house. I cannot believe how kind and gracious Jacqui and Alan have been every step of the way since I got here. The next day I moved in and of course, stuffed all the stuff into Alan's car and the three of us moved the stuff and myself, into 2 Aigburth Vale, Flat 4. Jacqui was even nice enough to give me a brand new eiderdown and sheets and pillow cases..........unbelievable, again!

Moved in and got everything set up and had my first night's sleep on Thursday, May 7th. I had a new flat and was about to start to make it my home.

In my Liverpool home,
In my Liverpool home,
We speak with an accent exceedingly rare,
If you want a cathedral,
We've got two to spare,
In my Liverpool home.

No comments: