Friday, May 22, 2009

Staying At Jacqui and Alan's.

Jacqui and Alan have been nothing short of fabulous. Since I arrived, they have ran me around, gave me advice, helped me with every question that I had, been wondeful hosts and let me stay at their house. Then they also went shopping for me, got me a flat to look at and then I ended up moving into it with their help. They are what I consider the best friends that any human-being could ever have! They have done more than just be my friends, they have acted like my family! Thanks to both of them for being such gracious hosts, wondeful friends and great people!

I stayed at their house for about 6 days. It was great and they made me feel so welcome at all times, even though they have two grown lads, a dog and a life to live......lol. They cooked for me, shopped for me and as Jacqui said, " I am your mother now." Lol. They have looked after me every step of the way and owe them a huge debt of gratitude for going above and beyond the call of duty.

Started playing footy with Alan and his mates every Friday on artificial turf off of Mather Avenue. Full sized pitch and all the old codgers play the young lads, usually 11 vs 11 or 12 vs 12. Played in the pissing down rain last Friday. It was fabulous. Tweaked my hamstring a little due to not playing for 2 years, so it was meant to happen. Got to be a little careful now and not try to do too much until I start getting truly fit.

After moving in the flat, then I had to go about getting a bank account and a NIN (national insurance number) both of which were a little difficult as I have not lived here for 30 years, but at the end I got both and now am registered as a citizen and ready for work! Ordered the internet, landline and television and it is all coming this Saturday between 8am and 1pm. In between all of this moving and staying at Jacqui and Alan's, I was also observing at a school for 2 weeks as part of my pre-interview agreement. Usually I was out the door at 6.30am and back at 4pm or so. Didn't leave me much time to do anything, so this week on Monday, I started getting things into normal order and got a lot accomplished. I love my flat and it is mostly decked out now with all the stuff that I need from kettle to ironing board to sheets and pillows........such a difference from Korea.....real living in a normal size flat as opposed to a shoebox.......lol.

Enough for now. The rest will come once I can sit at home and do a blog instead of doing it at the library.........

No comments: