Friday, May 29, 2009

The Trip Continues!

My first weekend in my flat was good........getting used to any new place for me usually entails about 2 or 3 good sleeps there, and then it begins to feel like home.

After the weekend, it really started to feel like my home. Got all my appliances set up and sorted out some of the furniture. Still didn't have my suitcase and box that I sent by parcel express......that is a story to be continued a little later on other blogs.....let's just say that it didn't get here on May 8th like it was supposed to and there was no contact on their behalf at all......I wrote my email on the invoices, too!!!!!!

Played football on Friday night again. 3rd week in a row. I was getting a little fitter, but still feeling a little like I was stuck-in-the-mud. Tweaked my hamstring a little and paid the price over the weekend. Tried to rest it as much as I could, but it still felt a little tight and uncomfortable. All said, not bad for a 45 year old who had not played for more than 2 years.

On the Sunday night, I made my way over to my cousin Gill's house and spent the night there talking about Uncle Tony and trying to give Gill and Emma some emotional support. I stayed up talking to Albert, our Gill's husband and we talked about life and everything pertaining to it. We ended up going to bed about 12.30am.

Emma drove me the next morning to my Job Plus Center, to get my work identification number, or as it is called in England, National Insurance Number, (NIN.) Got there about 9am and got looked at right away. Got my paperwork all done and was told that they would send me my temporary number within 2 weeks. It takes 8 to 10 weeks to get the actual card with all my information on it.

The rest of the week was involved with learning bus routes and joining the library and getting to know about what and where things were. It is all new to me although I was born here. Remember I left here when I was 14. It is great, though, as everyone speaks English........lol.

I also joined the gym and got a bank account and got an appointment to get the internet and phone and TV hooked up. Another week to get all that done. Appointment was for Saturday morning between 8am and 1pm.........was dying to get online.........would make me feel like I was back to normal.

No comments: