Thursday, June 18, 2009

4 Season In One Day!

The weather here in Liverpool can only be described in one way; 4 seasons in a day. It is cloudy, sunny, windy and rainy usually everyday and you know what? I am not complaining at all...........

As long as you have a warm jacket or sweater, you are all sorted. You wonder why Liverpool has the greenest grass and the best trees? There you are........rain, rain, rain and more rain and cool weather.





Still job hunting as we speak, but waiting to hear about one job at Aintree Racecourse. I did start a private tutoring English job with a Brazilian man at Novartis Vaccines in Speke. It is not that far from my house and it takes about 15 mins on the bus and then a 10 min walk from the bus-stop. I did my first class on Wednesday.




The student wants to improve his report writing and needs some help with prepositions and phrasal verbs. He is eager to learn and I think he enjoyed the class. He said he wants to do 2 hours a week, starting next week. One class on a Monday and the next class on a Thursday. He wants to do about 4 or 5 weeks. I am working through a tuition company called, "Academy International." Hopefully, this will be a good start for me and I can acquire more work.




There is a camp coming up in July, in which we coach sports, but in a foreign language. It is 5 hours a day for 5 weeks, so that would be awesome. Some pocket money to help pay my bills and some good experience to add to my CV.

I am back on my good eating kick again and this time have made a really over the top goal. I want to lose 2 and a half stone, 32 pounds, 14 kilos by the end of July. I really want to slim down and get rid of this excess wait that I have been carrying for quite a few years. Last time I was at my correct weight for my height and build, was about 5 years ago, when I lived in Korea. I want to do it for my health, first and foremost, and also just to feel lighter on my feet and better in my clothes.

I am feeling great living in Liverpool and it is really starting to feel more like home, each and every day. Mind due, give me about 2 weeks anywhere and being a gypsy, it feels like home.

My friends, Jacqui and Alan have gone to Tenerife for 10 days, so they should have a good time and will come back nice and brown! They are going by themselves for a change, but have been there so many times, as Jacqui's cousin, John, lives there and has done for the last 5 years or so.

I met my cousins Yvonne and Gill at my Uncle Tony's house on Monday and cleared all the cupboards and closets out and took a lot of the stuff home to my place. I am all decked out now with everything that I needed and I feel good having things of Uncle Tony around me. It feels like he is here and all the things will be a constant reminder of my Uncle, which I am really pleased about . I still have a small freezer to come and a few stands and stuff, which Gill's husband, Albert, will help me get over here when he has the time.


No comments: