Friday, June 26, 2009

Off To Teach Summer Camps

Well, applied online Monday night, June 22nd for two TEFL jobs. Sent one of them my CV and cover letter about 11pm. At 9am the next morning, I got a call on my mobile from a company called Plus Ltd.




The gentleman on the phone said that he had received my resume and was interested in hiring me. He told me that there were camps all over England and if I was interested in travelling and becoming a part of the teachers' team.

He suggested that I do 2 weeks in Portsmouth and 2 weeks in Norwich, starting July 2nd. Accommodation paid for and a weekly salary. Sounded great to me, so that means the whole month of July, I will be teaching at two English camps. He also said that there should be other stuff coming up in August, so hopefully will have a chance of making some money and travelling some more then!



I am really looking forward to the challenge. All I have to do is tell my landlords that I am going away and to keep an eye on my house and mail and switch everything off barr the fridge and freezer.

I got a freezer tonight, which I am thrilled about. That means I can stock up on frozen stuff now and not worry about going back and forth all the time to the grocery store or shops. It used to belong to my Uncle Tony who passed away about a month ago. Thanks, Uncle Tony! I also got loads of other stuff from his house that was going to be either thrown away or given away, so I am pleased that I was able to use some of his stuff.



I am off to Portsmouth next Wednesday, July 1st and leave at 9 a.m. and get there about 6pm at night. I am staying on campus and the camp starts the next day. It is mostly morning work and only 15 teaching hours a week plus one or two day trips with the kids. They are aged 10-18 and all international students. Should be cool and I am really looking forward to the challenge once again and of course making some money!

Sadly, my Auntie Margaret passed away this week, on Monday. She had cancer and was suffering quite badly, so in a way, it was better that she did not have to suffer anymore. I feel sad for her family and wish them all the strength and courage to get through a most difficult time. Unfortunately, I cannot go to the funeral as it is the same day that I leave for Portsmouth and would not be able to arrive on time for my camp if I went. I will go and visit my cousins this weekend and give my condolences in person.


Not much else going on. Just watching Wimbledon and running around the park. Taught a private class again tonight and have the final one, next Monday. Too bad that I had to give the student such short notice, but with my financial situation, I had to take the job I was offered, as 2 hours a week would not suffice my monetary needs. I will try and keep the blog updated while I am doing my camp, but am not sure about internet access. I am sure I can find it somewhere, so keep watching this space!

No comments: