Monday, June 15, 2009

Job Searchin In Liverpool.......

I went to a job fair on Saturday, June 13th at Aintree Racecourse. For those of you that are not familiar with the place, it is where The Grand National is run every year. That is the probably the world's most famous steeplechase race for horses and the fences are huge.



Anyway, I attended the job fair, filled out the application and had a 3 minute interview. The woman that interviewed me told me that her company had just attained the contract for the hospitality services at Aintree. I told her that I would do any type of work and she responded by asking me to wait a week and she would find something for me, for sure. It is all weekend work and that would suit me fine. Could be doing anything from waiting on tables to security to cleaning.........don't really care. A job is a job as far as I am concerned and I need to be doing something from now until September, when school starts. It would be good also, as I will not be able to work during the week while I am at school; it will be too intense. That will leave the weekends to work, which would be fine by me.




I also have an interview at a private tutoring company, today at 3pm. I called the company and then sent off my resume, or CV, as it is called in England. I then received a phone call last Friday and the lady asked me if I could come in at 3pm on Monday for an interview. It will be to teach one of the languages that I have experience in, either English, Spanish or French. I hope to get the job as it is great experience and also pays well!




Yesterday, had a roast chicken dinner over at Alan and Jacqui's. It was awesome. Had roast chicken, yorkshire pudding, broccoli, carrot and turnip, marrowfat peas, corn and lovely roast spuds with beef gravy. Alan cooked the lot and my compliments most certainly go to the chef. Jackqui's mum came over and we all sat outside and had a chat before going in to the feast.




After the dinner, we sat outside again, as it was a lovely sunny day and really great weather. Jacqui's mum left and then about 20 minutes after, we all went to Jacqui's nan's house and had a short visit there. I met Jacqui's aunt, Pauline, also. Nice people for sure! Alan and Jacqui dropped me off at home after and must I say, was full fed and a happy man........thanks to the Griffitheses..........lol.

Alan picked me up this morning and we went to town. We parked the car at Jacqui's nan's house and then walked to town, which was only about a 10 minute walk down Park Rd to Berry St by China Town. Alan and Jacqui are going to Tenerife for 10 days, tomorrow, so Alan wanted to pick up a few t-shirts for the trip

.


I bought a 4 port USB adapter due to having my webcam and printer and external mouse and keyboard hooked up to my laptop and my ipod also. I had no ports left, so I had to buy an extension USB hub. It was only 12 pound and does the job perfectly. No more wires hanging around everywhere and no more unplugging and plugging back in devices.......sound as!!!!!!

The weather today is briliant and I am enjoying the sunshine flooding through my massive windows in the house. Looks like a busy week ahead, still job hunting and doing other things to get my life in order. All in all, I am quite satisfied with how much I have accomplished in the 7 weeks that I have been here now.

Next goal is to drop 20 pounds by the end of July. I have to really slim down as I am carrying way too much weight for my liking. Let's see if I can do it........game on!!!!!!

No comments: