Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Some History With Pictures!

Some of you will have no idea what some of these pictures are, but suffice to say that they are all pieces of my own personal history, which includes places and people from the country and city that I was born in until I emigrated to Canada in November, 1978






The bottom picture is of the hill that I used to do a handstand on my skateboard back when I was into all that stuff. It was a lot smoother back then, but I could never do it right from the top as I was going way to fast when I finished. It was quite a challenge and I fell many times. It is called Belle Vale Shopping Hill. There used to be a bridge at the top that went across the road to the entrance to the shopping center, but the bridge was taken down many years ago.

The top picture is towards the bottom of the hill and where the off-licence (liquor store) is situated. We used to get people to go in and buy us bottles of cider if they would!!!!! Famous place for all of us and fond memories of our first drink of alcohol.

No comments: