Monday, December 17, 2007

Sinus Problem!

It took me two months to finally go to the doctor, but today I made the visit and found out that I have a sinus infection.




I am on medicine now for the next 10 days and can't drink while I am on them. I am happy about that....really!!!!! Gives me an excuse to have a 'dry' Christmas and then carry it on into the New Year. I am tired of going to the same places and doing the same thing.....drinking......





Talking to Dave today and told him that I would like to come to Bundang on Xmas Eve and stay at his place, then spend Xmas Day there. Something different than the same places here in Seoul, for once.



Not sure what the plan is, but I don't care. I just want to chill out and get away from the booze. Don't care what it involves, just hang out with some good friends and have a good time without liquor. I don't mind if my friends drink, don't get me wrong, but I can't anyway.




This time of year is always difficult being away from family. I don't think the family even understands how difficult it is being along in a foreign land. Alone, meaning no other family members around. It is a bit of an up and down feeling, but generally just would like to be there for the holidays and hang out with your family.



So, that is the choice that has been made and I knew that many years ago. It still doesn't make it any easier, though. Through all the up and downs though, a lot of soul searching usually goes on in my head over the holidays especially before the New Year......usually good things, too.




The job is going well and I can say that I have job satisfaction. The kids are getting better and I think I am becoming a better teacher all the time. I enjoy the challenge daily of getting the kids to improve and it is very heart-warming to see them actually do it!



Watched the Liverpool vs Man Utd game last night; once again, shite game, but overall Liverpool had the ball more, created more chances, but couldn't score. I though Benitez should have pulled of Kuyt and Kewell at half-time, as they were both stinking the place out ,really. They were just not on their games, but gave a gallant effort.....just not their day.



Not much else to say. Taking my medicine and staying warm and eating healthy. Can't overdo it at the gym, too, as the doctor said to not overdo it too much due to the sinus infection.

No comments: