Sunday, January 06, 2008

The First Weekend Of The New Year

By all standards, it has been a quiet first weekend. Friday night, I met up with Rob and Dan and we played 'screen' golf. Rob kicked our butts and I totally sucked. I got almost double par on each hole, which is the maximum the game will give you!


I enjoyed it though. I want to go and do it again for my birthday on Friday. Hopefully, we'll have Rob, Dan, Dave and I there playing it. Chris doesn't like it, so he won't be coming, I think.


I met up with Caroline on Saturday in Bundang. She is a Korean girl that I became friends with about 2 years ago when I lived in Bundang. I ended up teaching her sister and her sister's friend for about 4 months or so.


She just returned from Mexico, where she lived and studied for a year. Her aunt lives there, so it was much cheaper to study there than any other places. She did her major in Spanish in Korea, so it was a good choice to improve her Spanish.


I took my Spanish phrase book with me and we talked for about 3 hours in Spanish. I was quite surprised how much I remembered and it was great to speak my favourite language of all!


Saturday night, I met up with Chris in Kangnam and then we headed to Itaewon again. We went to Geckos and stayed there for a while and ended up again at UN Club. Not much went on, but a good time was had by all.


Stayed home all day today. Did some lesson plans and prepared some questions for my classes at school. Other than that, I just lounged around all day.


I am going to call my son, Tyler, at midnight, as usual. At 1am, I am going to watch the Liverpool vs Luton FA Cup game on my computer. I might watch the Arsenal or another game that starts before the Liverpool game, too.


Not a bad weekend to start the New Year!

1 comment:

Dave Anjema said...

did you guys try one of the courses not from Korea? the ones from Korea are wider and less likely to go out of bounds...looking forward to playing anyways..