Sunday, January 13, 2008

Identical Digits For The Fourth Time

Yes, that's right. I turned 44 on Friday. That means I have done the identical digit thing four times now; 11, 22, 33 and 44. Let's hope I can get to do it 9 times....haha.

Met Dave, Rob and Dan on Thursday night, the eve before my birthday and ended up getting home about 5am. It was a good night and we all had a good time.


Woke up about 11 am on Friday morning and then finished my work at about 8.45pm. It was a bit of a long day, but it was my birthday, so it was cool.


One of my students, Alex, turned 6 the same day as me! It was so cool. I knew this a few months before, so we decided to have Domino's Pizza and a bottle of coke during the class for 'Our Birthday!'


I bought Alex a leather football from the Korean League here and he bought me a stainless steel thermos from Starbucks Coffee with a free coupon for a coffee anysize and anykind also. We had a good lesson and just hung out. He is football mad and plays also.


I also have another student, Moonhee who turned 31 the same day. I teach her by telephone, twice a week for 30 minutes each time. I only found out it was her birthday on Monday and thought she was joking at first.


My birthday itself on Friday night was great. Dan, Rob, Dave, Ryan and I played screen golf at a place close to Dan's house. We started about 10 and finished at 1.30 in the morning. Rob and I then headed back to Itaewon where we live and ended up at a bar called 'Ole Stompers.' Duane, the fella that owns it, is a great fella and we just hung out there with a bunch of other people until about 6am. The music was great and also I met two South American fellas.


I was able to practice my Spanish with them. One fella was from Ecuador and the other from Peru. The fella from Peru plays in a band that was scheduled to appear that following night at Ole Stompers, but we never made it out to see it.


On a bad note, Rob was let go by his school. They said something about numbers, but I seriously think they are having financial troubles and are just looking for an excuse to downgrade. The only problem is they told him on Thursday that they wanted him to leave the school 4 days later, the day after he got paid.


Usually ,job etiquette here states that the school will give you at least 30 days notice if they want to lay you off. It definitely works the other way if you want to quit. They insist that you give them that much time. I was pissed off royally and will wait to see what happens with a meeting that Rob has scheduled with the school on Monday.


Remember, I work for the same company, but at a different school. I told my Korean teacher that if they screw Rob over, then I will not be resigning there at the end of April like they want me to. I will not stand by and see one of my best friends treated unfairly and then just carry on working for the same company like nothing has happened.


I have too much integrity to do that and also there are tons of jobs out there, all the time. I look after my friends and anyway, that could happen to me next.


Watched the Liverpool game last night and don't even want to go there about how bad they are!!!!!!!


Gonna watch the Sunderland vs Portsmouth game in about half an hour and then off to bed. Back to the Monday grind and see what the week has to offer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that about Rob. It could be any of us next.