Monday, October 30, 2006

More Neat Things About The Land Of The Morning Calm


A very unusual picture and very rare, for sure! Usually Hummingbirds are very shy and will not venture near anyone or anything. This picture defies that logic and truly shows that they are eating out of someone's hand. Another cool picture that I got off the email from my Dad.
Korea has so many cool things, it really is hard to remember to talk about them. Living here we take these nuances for granted, but I think it is a very good idea to tell people about them and embrace the cool culture of another nation.
Korea is called " Land of The Morning Calm" and right now, it really feels that way. It feels like a mixture of Spring and Fall, especially the climate of the weather. It really is a beautiful time of the year and this is coming from a guy that loves hot weather. At night it cools off a little, but still not enough to be freezing, by any means.
One of the things that is really cool here is when you see people holding hands. It is very common to see girls walking down the street holding hands and also guys too. I have seen every age group, male and female, holding hands.
In Korea, if someone is your good friend, it is a sign of your friendship, if you hold their hand. I have had my hand held a few times, but it still felt weird, even though I know what the message is behind it. It is just sometimes, your culture blinds you from being able to embrace another's and I admit that I am guilty of it at times........ I am human after all.... haha.
Children look so cute when they are walking down the street, hand in hand and it actually puts a smile on my face every time that I see it. Nothing cuter than seeing that...... believe me.
It's Monday again and back to the grind. I actually like Mondays and have made a conscious effort not to be a Monday hater, like pretty well the rest of the working world!
I am going to enjoy a day in my life and not wish it was another day. I have all the essays to do still and no breaks today, but what the hell.
"Suck it in and get on with it", as Dave always says.
Finally went to the singing room last night. It has been a while and I enjoyed it immensely. Dave and I and my friend who is teaching me Korean went there. We sang our hearts out and had a great time.
Of course singing is good for the soul, no matter how bad or how good you are. Sing, sing, dance, dance your heart away!!!!!!

1 comment:

tonight at noon said...

Look what the beautiful fall weather and a couple pretty prospective girls have done to our man Paul... I like it sir, I like it a lot.