Friday, October 13, 2006

Some Pure "Korean" Things!

This should be the new immigration policy to anyone that complains about living in the country that they immigrated to... or is that emigrated? Anyway, I got it in an email as a joke. It is tongue in cheek of course. There are thousands of grateful immigrants in every country and the few spoil it for the many. I thought it was a classic joke anyway..... sorry if it offends any of you.




One of the things that I always kept wanting to mention on the blot was the AJUMA hat. By the way AJUMA is Korean for married woman and can describe a recently married woman or a veteran!

One of the things that you see here all the time is the AJUMAS wearing this ridiculous looking visor that looks like something from a Star War's episode or movie. It is worn by all these women to protect themselves from the sun, but it honestly looks pathetic. Every time I see one of them, I am reminded of the time that Mum and Dad told my sister and I that if we ever see them starting to wear 'old foggies' clothes, to please stop them....... haha.

It is the same with this visor. Honestly the visor is not even normal size, it is about twice or three times what we in the West have seen. It looks more like a welding mask, come to think of it..... hey maybe it is and the Koreans have just turned it into their own unique fashion.





The male counterpart, the ADESHEE, wears his pants pulled up to almost his bellybutton and always wears a horrible antwacky belt to go with them. I am not exaggerating about how high they wear their pants. They never leave their t-shirts or shirts outside of their pants either and they all look the same!!!

I must say though that the ADASHEES always wear neat, pressed clothes and their shoes are always impeccably shined. There is nothing lazy or scruffy about their hygiene. Same goes for the AJUMAS as well. They are all well dressed, although some of the styles, like the ADASHEES, leave a lot to be desired.

I am no fashion guru, but I am sure that most of you, if you ever came here, would notice this right away.

Also, there are lots of AJUMAS that carry umbrellas around when it is sunny to protect their skin. The Koreans also believe that the rain makes you go bald. I asked all my kids and they were convinced of it hence why EVERYONE has an umbrella when it rains. It is quite hypocritical of them really as they wear flip-flops and sandals when it is pouring down..... their hair is important, but their feet don't matter.... haha.

Friday today. Tonight all the guys at my school are going to the grocery store to pick out some food and then cook it together at Sean's house along with some drinks, I am sure.

Went to the gym last night and did some squats. They almost killed me! But I decided to go to the gym at noon time. It ended up not being enough recovery time; 12 hours and I had the energy of a sloth! I walked for 2 kms and did a few exercises for shoulders and back and called it a day. I soaked in the tub and had a sauna, which was much better than pushing myself to the limit. I think I just need a break as I have gone everyday since I got back from Taipei.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul mate, you need to do a bit of work on your blog. Myself and a few others down here hit the link to it from mysite, but when we hit it it takes a vey long time to kind of download and then when we scroll down our pcs crash. Ive been told that you need to just show maybe a couple of weeks on your main page so it works faster and prevents people having to reboot.
I thought it was just my pc but others have backed me up over it. Keep up the boss chat though.

Scal-Qaeda

Kyle said...

funny one paul! i was happy to see the "welding mask/darth vador/astronaut face piece get some press! too bad no one seems to have any pics of these things (shame on all of us).