Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Occupational Hazard!



I have been saying for the longest time that being a teacher, you will get sick or should I say pick up 'things' a lot more often than a person that is not around children. Especially if you are teaching young children.


Case in point; I had a student whose eyes were infected and all red and stuff. A few days later, I had something up with my eyes. Coincidence? I think not. Well, I have a cold now in the middle of the summer! The kids that I teach are always sniffling and coughing and sneezing et cetera.


I don't mind as I try to get rid of these things without going to the doctor. The sauna is my cure-all most of the time. Sweat it out and hope that it will get rid of whatever bacteria or virus is in you. Most of the time it works. I haven't been to a doctor to get rid of a cold or anything like that in over a year or so.


I ran 12kms at the gym yesterday. I didn't even want to workout before I went there. I was planning on just having a sauna, but decided to have a 'light' workout that turned into a great workout. Had a good sauna and a good night's sleep. One without alcohol in my system.....even if it was small amounts for the last week!!!!!


The semester at school finishes this Friday. We start a new one next Monday and then two weeks after that we go to the summer schedule for 4 weeks. Work at 9am and finish at 1.30pm. I don't mind for just 4 weeks......haha!!!!! Those of you who know me know that I hate waking up early in the morning for anything that is steady. Oh well, I get 2 weeks off in a row for doing the extra hour in the morning and working my day off for 3 weeks. Never had 2 weeks off in a row in Korea with a school, ever!!!!!!


Looking forward to having my housewarming party this weekend. I hope enough of my friends show up. I am sure they will.


It is Tuesday in the Land of the Morning Calm and the weather today is beautiful. Yesterday it was overcast all day, but was a bit cooler than the past few days.


I finished reading the book, 'The Road Less Travelled." I am on to another now. A crime novel called 'The Babes In The Wood." It seems quite interesting and has a good style to it.


I am also much more in touch with what is going on in Korea now, as I get the newspaper delivered to my house everyday. It is the Korea Times and has some interesting articles in it, although it is very top heavy with business articles. I am enjoying knowing what is going on in Korea. There are also links to cultural places and things to do as well as some 'Letter to the Editor."


No comments: