Saturday, June 09, 2007

A Rare Friday Night In

I spent yesterday evening at home, for a change! I usually am never at home on Friday nights, but decided last night that I was knackered and also consequently, it started to rain as I was deciding whether to go out or not!
The exquisite little kitchen with all the needs of mankind. Fridge to the left, water machine to the right, which is a must in Korea. It is so much better than buying single bottles or multiple bottles of water, which you have to get rid of and refrigerate. One big bottle for these machines costs 5 dollars and I get them delivered and the empty ones taken away. I also get the newspaper delivered to the house now, which is also very cool; in English of course!!!!
Door to the bathroom. Yes, things are or were still disorganized at that time. Things are getting better by the day. That is the one thing I hate about moving; having to organize all the shite again.


I got a good night's sleep, but let me tell you, there were some weird dreams. I can't remember any of them, but suffice to say, they were really strange.
The messy workspace where the computer is; right next to my makeshift bed, to the left.
Wardrobes in the living room. Sorry about the clothes dryer, but there is nowhere else in the house when you have washing to dry!


I have been reading a book called "The road less travelled." It is a book about pyschotherapy and in essence how to live your life and how to become spiritually healthy and at the same time, love your fellow man and allow him to become spiritually healthy as well. It is a very good book and I would recommend it to anyone. I am not usually one for self-help books, but this one is a keeper.
Washing machine is in the bathroom, which is long and skinny.


The book was written over 20 years ago and is very relevant still, today. It has lots of things in it that will make you say, "oh yeh!" I had thought about a lot of the stuff before and am happy to tell you all that I am quite a balanced individual and have made the right decisions over the last 10 years or so, starting with the decision to get divorced. I am not tooting my own horn, but I have it somewhat right.
Lots of that goes down to great parenting by my Mum and Dad. Give credit where credit is due and they did and still are doing a great job to advance my sister and I spiritually as well as themselves and everyone else around them.
Read the book and you will understand exactly what I am saying. I have almost finished it and as I have mentioned before, it is a must read for those interested in spirtual growth. Kind of the same as "Tuesdays with Morrie," as it is an emotionally healthy read and a great -kick up the arse- kind of book.


I am out tonight to famboozle around. Not going to drink too much though, as I have a football game tomorrow in Incheon. I want to be in good shape for that kick-off. I have been going to the gym religiously and am keeping to my aim of 5kms a day and getting down to 88 kgs by September. I am currently holding steady at 95-96 kilograms.


I have included a few pics of the house that I live in. It is hard to get a good picture as there is no spot to shoot that allows you to get the whole feel of the place. Anyway, an amateur's best try!


Sure is nice having the internet at home. My connection speed is a whopping 1.0Gbps. That is 10 times the usual connection in Korea! You really only notice the difference when you download something. It is lightning fast. Still only about 40 dollars a month unlimited. Cheap by my standards and for the amount of time that I use it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see your new home now! Happy you have settled in!
Here's to good times!
Love you lots
Jackie