Wednesday, June 13, 2007

An Up And Down Day!

I have no reason whatsoever, but today I felt a little blue. When I say I have no idea, I guess what I am saying is that I do, but don't understand why it makes me blue.

I think it was because I talked to my son Tyler the other day and he was at my parents' house visiting when I talked to him. I guess it made me feel a little guilty not being in Canada with him and my family.
Tyler and his Grandad.


I know it sounds a bit neurotic, but sometimes I think that I am a freak for the kind of lifestyle that I am living, but at the same time, I know that this is the 'real' me and I am not pretending to make anyone happy or to just be 'there' because it is the right thing to do.
A pic of Tyler, my son and his Grandmother, my Mum!


I am here living my own life and I do enjoy it now immensely. It is a bit scary at times, as I am very happy being on my own and don't crave the company of someone else in my house. I do crave company of course, but not in the caring, loving, giving someone else something kind of way.


The book that I am still reading defines love as a 'will.' It is the will to want to improve yourself spiritually and likewise to improve yourself by giving some of your spirituality to someone else so that they may improve themselves.
It is really wanting what is best for you and always wanting what is best for others, in a really honest, unselfish, but selfish way. Does that make any sense?
Well, read the book, if it doesn't. It is called "The Road Less Travelled," by M. Scott Beck. M.D.


Not much else going on here in Seoul. The weather is getting really warm though. I am working my buns off and enjoying it and also working my buns off at the gym. I ran 8kms last night and tonight I did a back workout and then ran 5kms in 24 minutes.


It was really weird tonight when I went in the sauna. There was not one person in the changing rooms or the public bath area. That in itself is really unusual. I have never seen it like that before.
As I was leaving the public bath area, one man walked in the showers, but there was nobody in the changing rooms. Not normal for a Wednesday night. Maybe there was something in air......lol.

No comments: