Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Few Pics Of The Korean War Museum........Proper Blog To Come!

Rob and I went to the Korean War Museum last Sunday and spent a good couple of hours walking around outside and getting some pics of the equipment on show.




I took quite a few- I think about 100 plus and so did he. There were loads of aircrafts and tanks and military vehicles. We didn't go inside the museum as it was about to close when we got there.




I want to go back and take a few pics of the gigantic statues that they have outside. Unfortunately, my camera's battery was dead by the time we got to the statues.......for sure I will go back there to take some pics of them and to see the displays inside.




I had a great weekend. Yesterday, Tuesday was a public holiday and I ended up meeting, Benny who I had met in Ulsan back in 2000. Hadn't seen him in 6 years.
Rob joined up with us, as well as two of Ben's friends. Rob has visited him in China and has known him just as long as I have . Ben has been in China for going on about 6 years now. I will visit him for sure during the Olympics. Even if it is only for a few days before I go to Canada and then England in August 2008.




We went for a few drinks and had some 'kalbi' (Korean bbq pork.) Rob and I ended up calling it a night about 1am as we had to go to work today. I am glad that I made the right decision! I felt better for it today.




I only have tomorrow to go and then it is Friday again......shit........ where does the time go.




I start the morning class for a week next week. That means that I have to get up at 7am and leave about 7.30 to get to work for about 8.30 and classes then start at 9am. They go until 1.4o everyday, so I will be done nice and early........hate the mornings though......haha.




I do one week then I am off for 2 weeks straight. A total of about 17 days in a row. I can't wait. I want to do day trips around Seoul and suss out some of the good tourist spots.




Once I go back to school, I will have 2 weeks of mornings left and then we are back to normal schedule. By that time the kids will be back to school as they only get 4 weeks off in the summer anyway. They also get 4 weeks off in the winter too, though. It all evens out though.




Ran 8kms today in 41 minutes. Ran 5kms on Monday night in 22.20......close to a new record for me. I am staying about the same weight and have decided to just keep going and keep eating healthy and not worry about the weight, only the inches and body fat.




I am going to start drinking vodka again soon. I hate the taste of beer now. It is really not my drink and the only reason that I was drinking it was because it was dead cheap and I was on a beer budget. Plus the waterlogged feeling that I got after having 6 or more pints.......lol.




I think with cutting down on the beer, I should also get in better shape. My Dad always says, "Don't get into shape going to those places, do yer?" As always, the consumate criticizer, but I love him for it!!!!!




My sister's birthday is this Saturday, July 21st. She will be 17 months older than I. You figure it out.......I didn't say it.......haha.

No comments: