Saturday, July 14, 2007

A Long Gap Between My Last Blog........Sorry!!!!!

This week has flown by. I cannot believe that it is Saturday already. Sometimes the weeks here in Asia just seem to be a blurr.

I have done a lot again this week. Where do I start? At the beginning, I suppose. Well, that is one of the reasons that I like to blog everyday or two; hard to remember all the things that happen after 3 or more days.
Mum with her friends in Stratford.


Monday was back to work after the weekend in Ulsan. A new term has started and I am getting used to my 'new' students. They are not new to the school, of course, they are just switched from Isaiah to me and my students vice-versa.
Dad with his friends in Stratford.


Went to the gym and had a good workout on Monday night. It was nice to get back there after the weekend of frivolities......haha.


Tuesday was about the same thing; school and gym and met up with Rob and hung out in Itaewon for a while.


Wednesday was the same again. There are so many things that I see on the subway everyday. I just have to try and remember them of course. There is always the great sights and sounds of being in a big city and all the people involved in the schema.


I met up with Rob though at Hollywood's and we watched the opening game in the Asian Cup for Korea. They played Saudi Arabia and it was a bit of a dour game, but ended up 1-1, which I guess is a good result for Korea as they have not beaten Saudi for over 2 years or so and Saudi have won this tournament 3 times in the last 5 years.


I just found out today also that Australia lost 3-1 to Iraq! Wow! That is the biggest upset of the tournament as Australia are supposed to be the odds-on favourites to win this thing. It is their first time in the Cup as they were switched from the Oceiana region to the Asian region due to the qualifying difficulties they have had......long story, but suffice to say, it is much fairer that they are in this zone and can qualify without having a 'playoff' game.


Thursday was the Bolton vs Songnam game. I left from work and met up with Rob outside the stadium. Then Dave joined us and a little after that, Richie. We had to get our tickets as they were reserved.


After one policeman telling us to go upstairs, we found out we had to go all the way back downstairs and over to the parking lot venue to get them! Anyway, Dave went alone and we just waited on the stairs.


We were surprised at how many policemen there were! They must have thought we were all English hooligans. Nothing to worry about there boys! It's called The Peace Cup, after all.....haha.


We got into the stadium and to tell you the truth, there was a good crowd. Probably about half full. Not bad for a middle of the week, sort of anyway, football game. There were lots of kids there, which was nice to see. That is what Korea needs to promote when they have professional teams here.


If anyone is interested in the min-tournament, just search on google with the words; Peace Cup Korea 2007. It gives you a mini-schedule and the two groups. Reading are also here as well as Riverplate, Lyon, Racing Santander and a couple of other teams that I can't remember.


Last night, Rob and I met up with Jason at Geckos. We ended up going to UN club and dancing a little, well, I didn't dance much. It was full -on hip hop and full of fellas on the floor. Not my cup of tea, sorry!


Then we ended up going to a few other places. Matt joined us. Rob went home about 2am or so and I ended up getting home at about 7am...........shit. Don't feel bad at all today though and I am going to the gym once I am done this blog.


I think Dave is coming to Itaewon tonight, so we will be hanging out with him and having more fun. It is just part of the scene here, the social drinking thing. I am still on the beer and don't drink the vodka anymore or soju. I feel a lot better the next day and feel healthier. I don't worry about the calories either because I just run them off the next day at the gym.


I ran 6km last night before I went out and also did a full chest workout. I am going lighter with the weights now and doing more high reps. For example, before I would do a set of 10, 8, 6 and 6 with each exercise. Now I am doing 15,10, 8 and 8. I am hoping it will 'chisel' me a bit more or at least give me more stamina in the muscle groups that I am looking at.


Just made myself some curry and rice and like I said, I am off to the gym now. The weather is really nice. Put some washing in and washed my dishes. Tidied up a bit and organized things the way I like them. Fussy, fussy, oh so fussy I am sometimes.


Oh, I forgot. I shaved my head again too!!!!! Just wanted my hair to become a non-issue and that is what I achieved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice head, Fred!