Sunday, October 21, 2007

Back Playing Football

Last weekend, I played my first game since about 3 months ago. I am playing for a team called, 'Geckos.'

Dave started playing a couple of weeks ago and Rob also has played twice for them. So, last weekend we had a game in Bundang, which is where I used to live and Dave still lives. Most of the games will be played there and on the dirt pitches, which are a combination of sand and stone-seriously!

Today however, we are going down to Suwon, which is a little bit further north than Bundang and we are playing on an artificial pitch, which will be very nice. We beat the other team last week, 5-1 and we are playing them again today.

Can't get too cocky, as the score didn't reflect how close the game was until about the last 20 minutes. The other team has some runners and I hope to run a bit more than I did last week. I only played about 40 minutes in total as I was cramping up a bit in the second half and pulled myself off so that I wouldn't be dead the next day.

I think we might be short of players today, but then again maybe not. The team has a nice bunch of fellas on it and everyone doesn't seem so serious, which I like. It is still competitive, though.

The team is run by a Scots fella called Craig. He is about the same age as me and is married to a Korean girl. He plays in a rock band also and is a really cool lad. We all went for a drink after the match last week and I got to know a few of the lads.

One of the lads, Tony, is from London, Ontario, also! Small world. He is about to get married to a Korean girl. He is only young and his family is originally from El Salvador.

Watched the Liverpool game last night and was not impressed with how they played again, but a win is a win and we have bragging rights now until the next derby game.

Also watched the first half of the World Rugby Final, which England lost to South Africa. They put up a good fight, but were not strong enough to hold back the South Africans. Not a try scored in the whole game, although England got one called back. All the points were scored on kicks.

Off to me Rob now and then get the bus from Kangnam to Suwon. Hope we win again. Watch this space for the results.

Can't upload any pics at the moment. Blogger is working on the upload tool, then I can add a couple of pics.

No comments: