Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Fighting A Bad Cold And Enjoying The Autumn Weather

This time of the year in Korea is very nice. The days are warm and the nights are cool. It is much milder than Canada at this time of year. I really do like this time of the year although I do love heat.

It is nice weather for sleeping and also it is nice to be wearing some of the nice sweaters that I bought in Canada this Winter. I have lots of shirts, too that I have not been able to wear. However, they all need to be taken in by a good 5 or 6 inches now due to my weight loss in all areas especially my chest. I have gone from being about a 48 inch chest to a 43......great!!!!


I have lost fat pretty much everywhere except in the lips!!!!!! I am maintaining my body weight and my fairly healthy diet. It has been about 6 months now, so it is becoming a big part of my daily routine to just eat well and exercise.


I have not been able to exercise yesterday or today due to the football game I played on Sunday. I was so stiff!!!!! I played my first game in about 4 months. It was great and I really enjoyed the run-around. I played about 45 mins in total and was smart enough to come off after about 20 mins of the second half when my muscles started to cramp up. The team won 5-1. I am playing for Geckos with Rob and Dave also on the same team.


The lads are from all over the place. The coach is Scottish and about the same age as me. He married a Korean girl and there is even a young fella from London, Ontario who is about to get married to a Korean girl. There are fellas from Ireland, England, Canada, Australia and America on the team. It is the second division league of Seoul and I must say, it was a good game. Nothing too serious, but at the same time, very competitive. I like the bunch of fellas. They all seem down to earth .The only problem is that we play on the dirt stuff. It is very hard to turn and sometimes you feel so stupid as it is hard to figure the bounce of the ball on that kind of a surface.


We get to play on a nice artificial pitch this Sunday in Suwon, which is just south of Seoul. I played on the pitch the first week that it was opened and it is a great field. It is almost like playing on carpet. It is very similar to the indoor pitches that they use in North America and all over the world.


Not much else going on. Just working hard and enjoying life to the fullest. Looking forward to the Liverpool vs Everton game this weekend and the final of the World Cup of Rugby between England and South Africa. Should be a good double-header.
Various pics of the Philippines; from a whisper to a scream!

No comments: