Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Grinding Out The Week!


Well this week is really busy, but I am happy to say that I am all caught up doing my essays (about 80 of the bastards). So the week has some semblance of order amongst the madness!

I have been watching as many games as humanly possible, but have to be honest and tell you that I have nodded off during a few of the 1am and after games.
I watched England yesterday at 4am and was delighted with the first half. They looked like world champions and then they went into the dressing room and talked to the knobhead who told them to settle down and just protect the lead.... what else could you figure out from the second half performance? I kept asking myself, "What happened to the team from the first half. Did they disappear or did their clones suddenly decide to take their place?"





The most unfortunate part of the game was Owen getting injured again. There was nobody around him and I just think he rehab was too soon and too quick. There must still be a weakness in the ankle that caused his knee to take the excess weight and it looked horrible the way his leg just caved in. I think the same is true of Rooney. He couldn't get going during the game and has come back too soon. They should not play him in the next game and you could see how frustrated he was after coming off; throwing his boots off and just looking frustrated. Don't worry Wayne, there are lots more world cups to come for you. You are only 20 remember.





Well, the gym thing is going great. I have been going every night still and am slowly starting to see some results. I ran again for one hour straight the other night and have been interval training in between. For those of you that don't know what that is, it is walk one minute, job one minute and sprint one minute. Do that for about 25 minutes and you get 8 walks, jogs and sprints. You can also change it to 2 minute jogs and 2 minute sprints, which I did last night. I thought I was going to die!!!!
Anyway, I am getting thinner all over and starting to feel like I have way more energy and feel less stress that is for sure.

I will be happy when Friday comes and I can finally have a break at school. Rebecca is back next week, so Mon, Wed I have a break and then on Friday I have 2 breaks. When I say breaks, it means no class, but I am still busy marking quizzes and essays from the one class that I have every Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul
watched England and you are right what happened to them!!! even the commentator said they have a lot to do defense wise. Did you get those other photos and yes you are right I should preview them before I send them,I will next time. Take care of yourself and love you and miss you always.Mum oxoxoxoxo