Friday, June 09, 2006

Shout Shout Shout It All Out!

This is a great pic that I have seen before, but got it today in an email from my Dad. How could you justify doing this anywhere? Maybe on the way out okay, but come on!!! Today as we all know is the start of the World Cup. I loved the line on www.soccernet.com that said, " The World Awaits!:" That kind of sums it up in a nutshell. I am so excited today and can't wait to watch the opening game tonight with my friends in Sohyon. We are going for food after school finishes and then off to a place that has a nice big tv, so we can watch Germany vs Costa Rica. I forecast 4-1 to Germany. Let's see how correct I am.
.

Here is a pic of Kyoung Hee and I, taken at Dan's wedding that we went to in Ulsan. A mate of mine Gareth, is coming on his todd from Ulsan tomorrow afternoon, to watch the England game tomorrow night with Dave and I. Gareth hails from Manchester and is a great bloke. He was the manager of The Wonshots, our football team and although it is still going, it is not near as good as it used to be, as all of the players have left or relocated to other cities or towns. He is a Man. City supporter, so even better.


Here is another pic of my girlfriend (on the left) and a friend of ours Hae Sook. Hae Sook just went to Ottawa, Canada to study at Ottawa University. Clement, who was here and is now back in Canada, is her boyfriend of over 2 years now. They are very serious about each other and I think once she is finished her 6 month stint studying, she wants to try and stay a little longer. Clement is starting his degree at Ottawa U in September. He is doing a BA with a minor in German. Good luck to him and see you in February, when I come on a visit of Canada. Clement and Hae Sook are a super couple and I really miss them both. They were fun to hang out with and Hae Sook is super sweet. It is quite a funny story how they met.... kind of makes you think what a small world it is.

Dave was teaching Hae Sook at his school. Yes, that is right, she was one of his English students!She was introduced to Clement and the rest is history,as they say. She did really well learning English. She went on to teach English at a G 'n' B chain, the same type of school that I worked for when I was in Ulsan. Great story and still ongoing! That reminds me, I haven't heard from Clement in a while. I have to send him an email. Hae Sook landed around the middle of May, so he has been busy since then, I am sure, nudge nudge wink wink, say no more, say no more.

On the keeping in shape subject, everything is going great. I haven't missed a day of exercise in the last week. I went to the gym everyday since last Friday, except on Tuesday as we had a football game against some middle-school kids. I feel great and my pants are feeling looser all the time. I have dropped a good 5 pounds and feel lighter when I am running now. I usually go to the gym after work, at about 10.30pm. I finish about 11.30pm. The gym is open until 12 midnight during the week.

This morning I went to the gym at 11am, due to the plans tonight concerning the World Cup. I ran for 4kms and then in the afternoon, I walked to work. Today is very hot, but right now it is thunder and lightning. So keep going is my motto, keep up a steady regimen of exercise and good eating. The rest will fall into place.

I have a connection to a foreigner that looks after computers, through Dave and I's friend, Andrew. Thanks Andrew! Andrew said he is really good and fast. I hope to have my pc sorted out in the next week or so. I sent him an email today, so things have been put into action. Let's just see what his verdict is. I am also going to ask him if I can put a cd/dvd burner on the laptop as well as maybe a high speed USB. We shall see, anyway.

The title of my blog today is due to how loud the Koreans are! They shout at each other all the time and I heard one such episode today, outside my building. It was a man and a woman arguing about parking and she was holding a tiny Welsh terrier, which was yapping away as they both proceeded to yell and scream at the top of their lungs. It was quite funny this time, but sometimes it can really bug the crap out of you. Plus the woman who was running on the treadmill in the gym that was banging the cover to the motor with her feet while she was running. You are supposed to be further back from the bar on the top, honey!!!!!!!


No comments: