Friday, June 16, 2006

Sleepless Nights In Korea!


First of all, the good news is that my laptop is up and running again! I am so happy about it! I really felt 'naked' without it. It is so strange how the computer has become part of our lives nowadays. It is one of those things that just creep up on you without you realizing it. I always liked the computer and was in awe of the amount of information available, but I never realized just how much I used it and just how much easier it made communicating with friends and family.

Even more so in Korea, as the Windows OS in the pc room is in Korean and it is quite challenging to try and remember what keys are what in English and where to click. I had saved 3 school reports and sent them by email in the pc room. I got an email the next day saying that they were lost. There went an hours work for nothing. I guess I clicked the wrong button or did something, as they never made it through cyber space.... hehehe.




The nights are a lot longer than normal now due to the World Cup! Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining as I have waited like everyone else for 4 years for this tournament. The only minor glitch is that I am not sleeping much. The first game in our time zone here in Korea, starts at 10pm then the next one is at 1am and the third one is at 4am. That means that I am getting to sleep most night or should I say mornings at 6am!!!!

Last night was the England vs Trinidad and Tobago game. England once again frustrated the shite out of me. They played shite for the first half and just could not get anything going. In the second half, they were doing the same thing until Eriksson decided to bring on Rooney and Lennon, which for me changed the chemistry of the game and they actually started playing the English style of football. Lennon was awesome down the right wing and the whole team literally switched into another gear once he went on his runs. I am proud of the fact that two Liverpool players got the goals, but the cross from Beckham was sublime! Let's hope that Erikssson starts Lennon the next game on the right wing. Rooney won't start, but it was good to at least see him pyschologically unsettle the opposition.

I am not into blogging that much while the World Cup is on and will relate some good stories and other events once it is over. Suffice to say, right now I am just trying to catch up on some sleep, work and go to the gym and get ready for the next game tonight. Holland vs Ivory Coast, which should be a barn-burner. I am watching it with Dave of course!

1 comment:

Mike Belding said...

do you think in the wake of the match fixing scandals the refs have been told not to excessively influence the outcome of matches? there's been one penalty kick through matches today, and that one was given in a game that was already beyond reach.
good blog paul. i remember you from tombstone/benchwarmers. congrats on liverpool winning the FA cup over my west hammers.
-mike