Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Cell Phone 101; Good Manners On A Cell Phone... Are You Kidding Me!


One of my ongoing rants is all about the lack of cell phone manners.... worldwide!
It seems that most people have become so attached to their little 'ear friend,' that they don't feel the need to think where they are and who they are or aren't offending while using it.

From listening to people arguing on the damn thing on the bus, to listening to someone talking on it while having a pee or on the toilet, the scope of the thing has become immense.

Most people are not aware that their phones have a vibrate mode as well as what is called 'manner mode.'
People shout, speak so loud, talk while waiting in the line at the bank, variety store etc., There really are no parameters.

While paying to get on the bus, crossing the road... Oh, the big one; while driving and drinking a cup of coffee.... haha. Only funny if you don't kill someone or yourself!

My question is, " Why has our behaviour spiralled to this point concerning cell phones?" Why is it so specific to cell phones and not to our other 'face to face' communcations? It really is strange, but it is something that needs to be either changed or at least have parameters of behaviour given to it.

Hey, I have a cell phone and am guilty of at least a few of the noted behaviours. I try to stop myself and act 'with etiquette,' but it is difficult at the best of times. Again, I ask myself why?

The cell phone is an amazing piece of technology. It can help us with security issues, protecting our kids, helping us in extreme weather conditions if our vehicles break down, keeps us in touch with our friends and families when we are in another country and most of all, gives us that link to social interaction that we are so lacking in other areas of our communications! A little sarcasm that I hope you can understand?

With that, I will sign off and hope to have some comments on this issue or lack of. Am I just up tight or do I really have a point here?
Why don't I offer another tip; don't leave a message here, just text me on my cell phone.....Hahahahaha!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.