Sunday, April 09, 2006

After Much Thought: My Top 10 Albums...... And Lots of Honourable Mentions.

Something of this magnitude takes a while to figure out. I think that I have narrowed the albums down enough to have a fair list of my top 10 albums.


Please remember these are my favourite albums and are by no means being judged as the best of all time. This is just to give you an idea of what I prefer, although there could have been so many different lists, but I settled on this one.

I am going to do a 'Rap' list sometime in the future, so keep reading my blog for that!

Anyone that knows me, knows that I am a headbanger at heart with an affliction for screaming guitars and pounding drums. Put this together with a wicked strong rock 'n' roll vocal and I am hooked,;fish-line and sinker.


But the surprising thing that only my good good friends know is that I am also an avid listener of pure 80's music and love pop, funk, soul, disco, blues and other kinds of music.

Think of this list as the albums that I have played so often that I had literally either worn them out or ruined them. That is, as albums and cassettes, but now as cds, they are forever playable again and again and again..........

When I list these top 10, think of me as being able to listen to any of these albums at any time of the day. They are my anthems per say.

So with no further ado; Here they are in order of favourite being number 1 and number 10 not being liked any less, but there has to be a pecking order in order to rank!!!!!!

1. Highway to Hell; AC/DC

2.Foreigner 4; Foreigner

3.Moving Pictures; Rush

4.Back in Black; AC/DC

5. Never Mind The Bollocks Here Comes The Sex Pistols; Sex Pistols
6.Physical Graffiti; Led Zeppelin
7.Live After Death; Notorious B.I.G.

8.American Bad Ass; Kid Rock
9. Pet Your Friends; Dishwalla
10. British Steel; Judas Priest


After much thought, I decided to add some of my other favourite albums, just in case anyone thought that all I listened to was the 'heavy' stuff. Here is a list, in no particular order of albums that I like and have listened to regularly over the years since I was about 16 or so:

Against The Wind; Bob Seger

Diamond Life; Sade

True; Spandau Ballet

Duran Duran; Duran Duran

No Parlez; Paul Young

Live and Dangerous; Thin Lizzy

Red Red Wine; UB 40

Unforgettable Fire; U2

War; U2

Saga; Saga

Quadrophenia; The Who

Up To Here; Eric Clapton

Revenge; The Eurythmics

Spirit of Radio; Rush

Heaven 'n' Hell; Black Sabbath

Killing Me Softly; Roberta Flack

Ocean Drive; The Lighthouse Family

Millenium; Robbie Williams

Appetite For Destruction; Guns And Roses

Ingenue; K.D. Lang

Marc Anthony; Marc Anthony

A Town Called Malice; The Jam

Coney Hatch; Coney Hatch

April Wine; April Wine

Heartbreaker; Pat Benatar

Outlandos D'Amour; The Police

Parallel Lines; Blondie

Just A Game; Triumph

Axis; Jimi Hendrix

Soundtack; The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Breakfast In America; Supertramp

American Fool; John Cougar

Space Oddity; David Bowie

Scary Monsters; David Bowie

Bad Habits; The Monks

The Fine Art Of Surfacing; Boomtown Rats

Welcome To The Boomtown; David and David

The list could go on and on and on, but I hope this gives you some idea of the different kinds of music I really like.





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see Foreigner up there!!!
Did we grow up in the same house?
Ha,ha!!

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.