Friday, April 21, 2006

Don't Faint Now! I Actually Started Watching Movies Again!

Those who know me, know that I have been on this anti-dvd and movie watching thing for about 10 years now. I guess being married for a long time and watching about a minimum of 5 movies a week, burnt me out. It was also the whole thing of just sitting there and watching a box for 2 or 3 hours, wigged me out... nice word eh?


Well, I guess if I can watch sports for that long, it is kind of a contradiction in terms of what is acceptable for me and not, right? Well, I don't want to be a flake, so I decided to stop my 10 year boycott and start watching a few movies again.


I started last week by buying a dvd player, which by the way cost me 50 bucks.... online shopping in Korea is awesome and they delivered it the next day. All you do is set up an account online and choose a bank, go to the bank and deposit the money and presto, they will deliver your purchase, pronto!!!!




I have watched 5 movies in the last week and a half. The Incredibles, Shrek 2 and last night Bad Company. The 2 Korean movies that I watched were a comedy and a drama. Both were quite good and I want to watch more Korean movies now. I like Korean movies because they don't follow the usual happy ending scenario like in Hollywood. More realistic than most of the Western style movies.

So, there you are. A dog can learn new tricks. You didn't think it was possible, did you?
I also was starting to feel a little 'out of touch' when people were talking about some movies that were funny and quite popular. Like music, I like to stay in touch with the new generation as well as the older generation. I feel that movies and music can go a long way to bridging the 'generation gap.'

Sociology has taught me that you can't really change people's behaviour, but sometimes you can learn to adapt, if it is a good thing to do! So, in a socioligistical sense, I am continuing my social experiment of adaptation........ wow! Sounds like a crock to me.....hehehe.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We went to see 'Thankyou for smoking' Really enjoyed the tongue and cheek of it
Go see!

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.