Thursday, April 27, 2006

Back Weightlifting Again, Finally!

It has been over 5 months since I had a precious steel bar in my hands and been able to push it up and down, up and down, up and down. Let me tell you, it was an awesome feeling last night to be able to finally bench-press. Although I only did very light weights, it was nice to not have any pain while doing it.

I didn't realize how much I had missed the weight-training. It is such a different feeling from any other type of exercise. I can't wait to get going squatting and doing some 'heavy' exercises. I did quite a bit of chest and shoulder work last night and also stretched my elbow a lot at the same time.

I am happy to report this morning that I have no pain coming from the elbow or the shoulder, just a little bit of an ache from the chest and arms due to the workout. I am so happy!!!!! The arm still needs a bit of physio to get the elbow ligaments a bit looser, but I am going to start physio again next week and go everyday.

My plan is to do weights one day and then cardio the next, for a total of working out 6 days a week. I have already dropped about 2 inches in my waist and about 3 inches in the chest..... believe it or not. All the baby fat is starting to disappear, finally!

Today is a little overcast, but quite warm. I was awoken this morning by my girlfriend to the nice aroma of a ham and cheese sandwich from Issac Toast, which is a really popular snack booth here in Korea. Toast has really taken off here in the last year or so and you can see all varieties of sandwiches and a variety of companies offering them. The companies are usually small and have minimum overhead, but offer a cheap product despite the good quality.

The sandwich that I get has one slice of ham, a slice of cheese, two pieces of bread and egg and corn fried on a grill and then placed in the sandwich also. It is not the healthiest of foods if you ate it all the time, but as a treat once in a while it is great. It is also only about 1.50 for a sandwich.



Keeping my weight off has been a little difficult. I feel like Kermit falling off that building, but I have cut out the pizza and sausages and the other high fat foods. The snacks, especially the Pringles are now down to a treat once in a while.

Eating more vegetables and more Korean meals has helped me get rid of most of the excess weight that was 'floating' around me... haha.

The key to eating healthy is not dieting, but controlling your fat intake and not starving yourself. The question that anyone should ask themselves when they are on a healthy eating regime is, "Can I eat this way for the rest of my life without craving and will I always feel satisfied?" If the answer is no, then it is the wrong eating plan for you.

My blood pressure is back down to normal again and I feel way better about myself and have more energy now. Wait until I get going big-time on the weights again!

Arnold will be asking me how I look so good!!!!!!!!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.