Thursday, April 06, 2006

This Blog Is For You Tony..................Now You Can't Complain!

Well, I have been trying to get Tony to read my blog, but like anything with this guy, you have to pull hind teeth to get him to do anything.

He is a great guy, but one of the biggest procrastinators in the history of man..... haha! This one was taken at Munsu Stadium in Ulsan at the grand opening in 2001 where the stadium hosted some of the games for the Confederations Cup, which is a precursor for the World Cup. Kind of a trial run to see how the staff and everything will run.

The crowds were small, but it is a great stadium and now home to the Ulsan Tigers of the K-League.

That particular day we watched France vs Mexico... I think the French won 4-0. Most of the second squads were there, but we saw Pires, Wiltord, Anelka and a few other starters. The Confederations Cup was held already last year in Germany.

So, he asked me where his pics where when he BRIEFLY read my blog... he didn't read it much due to the Korean fonts was his excuse..... Well here they are Tony, so now you can't complain, dawg!!!!!

This next pic is of Dave and I at his old apartment in Mugadong before his move to Bundang a few months later in September 2005. Just having a pint before going out on the town.

This pic is one I got off Dave's blog and I wasn't in this one or even here at that time. Left to right; Kyoung Hwa, Rob, Tony, Benny and Brenda (who taught at Lion E School just as I was leaving.)

Brenda is long gone from Korea, but she was from London, Ontario too! Benny, who is Australian is in China at the moment and I actually talk to him on msn quite regularly. Rob, who is from Brockville is working at the University of Ulsan and Tony is still teaching in Ulsan as well.

Dave and I actually recruited Tony over here from London, Ontario, but we didn't know him back in London. He was a total basket case when he first got here. Everyone thought he would head back home in no time. Here he is 5 years later, still in Korea. I guess you must like it then eh Tony?

Dave and I will be back in Ulsan the weekend of April 29th for the wedding of one of the guys that brought us here, Dan Gauthier. The other guy that brought us here, Peter Corey is also married to a Korean girl. He got married back sometime in 2004/2005, we missed that one. He got married up in a mountain and the invitations were left behind the bar at Tombstone, the local foreigner's hangout, but we didn't get ours.(Dave and I.)

So, for sure we will be hanging out with Rob and Tony of course on the Saturday and going to the wedding on the Sunday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

man i look bitchin in that pic

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawg
You'er correct on your comments about me . I was a basket case when I got my brown sikh ass up here (S.korean). Thanks to david and you, I've made alot of cash and shed my old skin from "Moms boy" to "Drunking boy",ha ha .

Paul you've helped alot of people up-here. You've got a heart of gold with an entertainers' personality. You "dawg" alway go out of your, way to make people feel comfortable.
Love you my "nigger" .Take care and I'll check-out your politically charge articles.

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»