Saturday, April 29, 2006

Arrived In Ulsan Late Last Night


I left straight from work and met my girlfriend at Samsung Plaza. I managed to get off work at 8.10pm as I don't have a late class on a Friday. The school allowed me to leave a little early, which worked out great.

Dave, Kyoung Hee and I left from Bundang, a little before 9pm and arrived in Ulsan at just about 12.40am. Kyoung Hee took a taxi to her friends bar and then stayed at her house for the night. Dave and I got a room together for the first night. We then decided to go off to tombstone, which is the foreigner bar in Ulsan that is also owned by foreigners.

The bar was not that busy, but we got to hang out with Jeff and Mark, two of the owners who we have both known since we got here. Mark and Jeff and Andrew just got back from a mini-tour of the States and ended up going to Vegas as Mark is getting married to a Korean girl that he has been dating for about 8 years, finally!!!!!! All 3 of them are Canadian and Andrew was actually recruited by Dave and I to Korea back in 2000!

Needless to say we started to talk and talk and have a few good laughs. Dave then called Gareth, the English fella from Manchester and also a good friend of ours. Gareth is the one that put The Wonshot Wanderers Football team on the map and is currently still running it although at somewhat a diluted level of ability due to all the players that have left or finished their contracts. We got out of the bar at 6.30am!!! It was daylight when we were walking back to the motel. The name of the motel is Motel Sheraton. Do you think they were trying to get people in here by the posh name?

Didn't sleep much last night. Dave kept rolling over towards me. He is a total fidget when he sleeps. The room has internet access for 5 dollars a day and of course that is how I am typing this now. Met up with Rob in the afternoon and Kyoung Hee met up with me at 4pm to come back to the motel and get ready to meet our friend Hae Sook tonight at 8pm.

I have to buy a pair of pants tonight as Kyoung Hee ironed them back in Bundang, but forgot to put them in the suitcase. Oh well! She is buying the pants for me anyway..... haha.

There is a wee map of Moogadong, which is where I used to live last September to January in Ulsan. It is the area around Ulsan University and there are tons of shops and eateries everywhere. That is where Rob works too. He is in his second year as the Continuing English Education Teacher for the department. Teachers are allowed only 3 years maximum to work in that position too.

Off to say goodbye later to John Cattigan and his girlfriend Emily who are leaving Korea for Thailand and then going back to the UK. I am not drinking tonight as the wedding is early tomorrow morning and I am tired of drinking to tell you the truth.

6 comments:

Dave Anjema said...

like I said before...you sound like that guy in 'Cather in the Rye'...and by the way u DID drink tonight! hahaha

Dave Anjema said...

and why haven't u been replying to my blog b#$%$%$%%!!!

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»