Monday, August 27, 2007

Houston, We Have A Problem!

First of all, I would like to congratulate my cousin, David Campbell and his bride Carmel, on becoming man and wife. They got married on Friday and Mum and Dad were there in Liverpool for it. Wished I could have been there, but I will be there next August for David's brother, Jonathan's wedding.





I always pride myself about not being a hypocrite and that relates to all areas of my life. That way, I can be honest with myself and always tweak my faults that pop up here and there. I am not talking about changing my personality, just improving it so there are less negatives in it and more positives, which includes my health emotionally and physically.

Now is one of those times. The amount of drinking, be it social or getting hammered, has increased to the level that I feel it is becoming a negative thing. Not only in the pocketbook, but also healthwise. Time to cut it out, nip it in the bud, slice it while it's hot, put the fire out before it fully rages.

I have been using drinking as an excuse to get out of the house. What! Is drinking the only thing you can do outside of the house? These are the type of questions that I have been asking myself over the last few weeks. But now is the time to take action.

So, with less said and more proof by actions, I am cutting out the drinking during the week and curtailing the amount I drink when I do go out on the weekends. As simple as that!

I had my second anniversary of quitting smoking on August 20th, which was a monumental decision in my life and well worth making. I am doing the same with the alcohol thing and am bound and determined to improve my health and pocketbook. All you doubters out there, 'cos I know there will be many that think that while reading this- just watch me!!!!!!!!!

Other than this big blah blah blah, not much happened over the weekend to talk of. Watched the Liverpool game and they looked great. I am back to afternoons now, starting at 1pm on Mon and Wed and 2pm on Tue and Thur. Fridays off!!!!!!!!

I love the afternoons and am now going to start going to the gym in the morning and get it out of the way, so that I can just relax when I come home. I am going to try it, as I don't know if I really like going to the gym early. I didn't before, but am going to give it another go. Even if I go once or twice in the morning and then in the afternoon or night for the rest of the workouts, it will suit me fine.

Sarah and Jonathan, parents of Charlie now, will get married next August. They put the cart before the horse.........haha.




My Dad is turning 69 on August 28th, so anyone that knows him, wish him happy birthday. Next August, the whole clan including my sister and her family and my son, will be together in England for my cousin's wedding and my Dad will be turning 70 while we are there.

Should be a great time. Tyler, my son, has never been to England, so he will love it. Also, my plan is to take Tyler to another country, maybe Greece or Italy or Spain, for a few days and we can just hang-out, Dad and son, just like old times, which has not been since he was about 13!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Dave Anjema said...

that would have been a fun wedding..especially since I know them now! next year's will be a blast too!