Saturday, August 04, 2007

The Weekend Is Here Again

Friday night, I met up with Rob and Richard (from Nigeria) at Geckos. Then Jason joined us, but Chris from England couldn't get in, as the doormen werer asking everybody for i.d. I was quite pissed off with the doorman, as I told him that Chris was my friend. The doorman has known me for months and if you can't get your friend in, what the hell!!! The doorman is Korean anyway. Enough said. I did voice my displeasure at the whole situation to the doorman. I left with Chris to Seoul pub and the other boys finished their drinks at Geckos and then went off to Helios Bar.

We met up with them at Seoul pub about an hour later......finally. Jason had had a run-in with some g.i. that was taking the piss out of him after Jason had told him that he was in the military for many years as an officer. Jason even has his ring to prove it, to which the fella said, "I am pharoah too, want to see my ring!"
Jason wanted to pound the fella, but calmer heads prevailed and Jason and the boys went off to Helios Bar, diffusing the situation. I wasn't there while all this happened, Chris and I were at Seoul Pub.


We went to Helios Bar, which is a total meat market, but with an attitude. There was a cover-charge to get in, which I am always loath to pay. You don't get a d.j or a drink. They are just raking the money off everybody. It is not a very good place, as far as I am concerned. At least at the U.N. Club, the cover entitles you to a free drink, so you are really only paying about a dollar to get in. That, I can handle!!!! So screw you Helios Bar!!!!!!!!


I ended up leaving Helios Bar to go to Hollywood's and watch the Liverpool vs Shanghai game from Rotterdam, Holland. Hollywood's got the time screwed up and I ended up watching the game with 75 minutes already gone and Liverpool leading 2-0. Rob joined me about 5 minutes later and we watched the rest of the game, which was okay, but Liverpool were just playing around with the Chinese team.


Got home at an unearthly hour again, but managed to read some of my book, "The Face." I finished it later the same day and am now on a mission to finish the other book that I am reading, "Rose Madder."


Got up about noon time, read my book, like I said, then went off to the gym. All day yesterday, my left leg kept cramping up, really badly. I had a dead foot several times during the day and it was quite worrisome at the time. I thought I had pinched a nerve or something, as the pain would not subside and it just kept coming and going, almost like I had done something to the nerve.


I even had a really bad cramp in bed during the night with the same leg. My calf just tightened up and would not relax. I managed to get it to relax and today it is a little better. I decided to not run today, prudently, I think. I just did some sit-ups and other ab exercises as well as a full triceps workout. Had a nice relaxing sauna and a nice cool bath.


Rob and I are off to Kangnam tonight to meet Dave. Kangnam is about 20 minutes from where we live in southern Seoul. It is quite a ritzy place and packed solid. Need a change from Itaewon and from all the foreigners. Kangnam is full of mostly Koreans and the odd foreigner here and there as apposed to Itaewon being the other way round.


There is a great little bar that Dave and I have been to quite a few times that plays great rock music and is very small with a good atmosphere. I think we are going to have dinner in Kangnam, too.


Rob just left my place after finally picking up his bag from 3 days ago. I give him the keys to my house about 2 weeks ago, so he can use the computer when I am not here instead of going to a pc room and paying. I pay a flat rate every month, so it is no skin off my nose and I trust him.......hahaha.


Just put on some arm-juice and sprayed myself with some lovely smelling cologne, which hopefully will help me pull some birds tonight......fat chance! I think I am on a barren run lately, but God loves a trier!!!!!!
Oh yeah, had a raincoat with my wet underpants and socks from the gym inside of them. I didn't have a bag on me today. As I was getting off the bus to come home, I guess the underpants and the socks dropped out. I didn't realize until the bus pulled away that I had lost them and there stuck between the sliding back door, were a pair of undies and socks. I waved at the driver, but as usual, they have no peripheral vision and are oblivious to anything around them. The thing that pisses me off is they are 'Joe Boxers' and are worth about 25 dollars a pair.........shit.......funny though really......lol.

1 comment:

tonight at noon said...

dealing with people who truly have no peripheral vision... the story of our lives in korea, ay?