Thursday, August 09, 2007

Korean National Museum


Yesterday, I decided to go and visit the Korean National Museum. It is only about 20 minutes on the subway from my house and very, very reasonably priced; only about 2 dollars to get in.






I originally thought it was the Isu stop, but soon discovered that it was at the Ichon stop. While I got off the subway stop at Isu, I decided that since I had made a mistake, I might as well have a look around at that place.






I went into Taepkyong Dept. Store and decided to have something to eat. The staple of my diet-bibim bap. I have loads of the spicy sauce on it and even to this day, after having eaten it at all kinds of places, the Koreans can't believe that I have that much sauce on it and always say, "Spicy, spicy, too spicy, stomach hurt!" To which I always say to just give me some more of that hot stuff.






The Koreans think they are the only country on the earth that eats spicy food! They really are narrowed minded about some things at times. Like the world begins and ends in Korea. What about Mexican food, Indian food, which have some of the hottest spices to be found!!!!! Anyway, just another complaint that I have about the narrow minded Koreans.






Back to the museum, once I got back on the subway and got off at the right stop. It was massive and very impressive. I am not going to label any of the pictures, suffice to say that they are all shots of the museum, inside and out.






It was quite an overcast day, so some of the pictures show a dark sky above. There were not a lot of people there, but enough. I walked around for about an hour or so and decided to come back at a later date and see some more stuff there.






I only managed to walk around the main level. There is another floor as well as the Children's Museum and a place called Special Exhibition Hall, which I think has the Buddha display showing at the moment. At 2 dollars to get in, it is no use wearing yourself out trying to see everything in one day. It is also so close to where I live. So, I will go there again sometime soon.






I went and met Dave last night in Bundang. Met him at Dublin's and saw a few people that I used to know when I lived in Bundang. I met George from Philadelphia who I always have a great chat with and a good laugh. We were talking about having a healthy lifestyle and eating well and how it has to become part of your everyday life. None of the gimicks that are offered either by drugs or medicines, can give you the staying power to live that way for the rest of your life. Isn't the whole idea of being healthy to do it the healthy way and stay away from medicine or drugs!!!!!!!!






I stayed at Dave's house and headed back to Seoul in the afternoon, about 2pm. Dave went off to work at 10am and I just slept on his couch some more......haha.






I got some more books off of him. I am currently reading "The Da Vinci Code." It was a book that I for some reason, was not drawn to. But, I must say, it is starting really well and very well written. I have also started another book, which I will read on the subway and the bus. It is called, "The Deep End of The Ocean." It is about a missing child and has started out quite well. It was written back in 1997, so it is not a new book, but it got some good reviews and I think it was made into a movie.






Went to the gym again today and did my abs and calves as well as a 6km run. Feel good today and had a great chilled out day. It is still raining too much for my liking and wish it would just stop for a day or so. It is still very humid and even after the spot raining, it is still very, very humid. I have had the air on pretty well all night the last few days. The house was reading 30 or over without the air on.

No comments: