Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Itchy Feet!

Today is the second day of the 5 left at Avalon. I have really 'itchy' feet. I can't wait to leave this place and begin my new adventure, which includes a nice long, well deserved break.

I have been teaching without any kind of a real break for 2 and a half years. I am not complaining, but everyone needs a break once in a while.


My water machine got taken away today and the computer will be disconnected tomorrow. I have to bring the modem to work as they didn't come and get it today like they said they would(the cable company).
I don't mind though because the Liverpool vs West Ham game is on ESPN Asia, so I can watch it live online at 4am!!!!!!!!


I packed pretty well all of my stuff away today. Got rid of the computer desk and the three- shelf stand that the water machine was on. Sorted through some cupboards, did some of my final washing before I leave, cleaned all my dishes, vacuumed everywhere and really just got everything in order to leave.


All my outstanding bills are paid. I have organized all my stuff into 2 suitcases, a garment bag, a big sports bag and one box. I am storing all that and my computer tower at Jeremy's, across the hall.
I am only taking a small sports bag with me on the plane plus my old laptop and cd walkman.


I am getting really excited and everything is just surreal at the moment. I met my friend Caroline last night to say goodbye for the next 3 months. She has been a good friend to me and introduced me to some good people.


I went to Dublin's afterwards and Dave joined me a little later. We met George from Philadelphia who always makes me laugh and has some great stories. We met another fella called Hayden from New Zealand.


We got talking and we both share a love for "AC/DC." He plays guitar and I told him that when I come back to Korea, one of my aims is to learn to play guitar.
He said that he would teach me in return for some weighlifting advice. He has played guitar for over 15 years and knows a lot of rock and roll riffs that he said he would teach me. Cool !!!!!!!!


Dave and I also met another fella, Lenny, from Jersey. He has the full-on Jersey accent and is a really cool guy to talk to. He has been working since he was 13 years old and has some life experiences that are enjoyable to listen to.


The pic above is of "The Rocky Mountain Tavern" in Itaewon. I don't know anyone in the picture, but it is a local Canadian hangout and they show live hockey games there sometimes.
Lenny is not working here at the moment. He is visiting his friend and just hanging out. He hasn't worked for the last year. He sold his house and just decided to travel. He is enjoying it, he said. That is why he is still here.


He went back to America for a month and then decided to come back here again.
I haven't worked out since Friday night, so tonight it is getting back to the gym time. I am looking forward to it, to tell you the truth. I also want to go the public bath and have a really nice long sit in the sauna.

No comments: