Tuesday, January 16, 2007

"Lost" " Prison Break" "Little Britain" "Rome" And Now "Band Of Brothers."

My computer viewing of tv shows is continuing in earnest at the present moment. I have been 'hooked' by some of these shows, that is for sure.








The first show "Lost" really hooked me in, but left me wanting more English dramas, so the next suitable choice was "Prison Break." The nice thing about watching these online is that there are no commercials and you can pause each episode whenever you feel like going to the toilet or you have something else that gets in the way.

I usually like to ask the other teachers what they are watching or what is 'hot' at the moment. Everyone that I asked about "Band Of Brothers," said that it was awesome, so I started watching that last night. I must say, it is damn good and very historically informative.

I like the beginning of each episode when they actually have the American soldiers who were there at the time, talking about what they felt and how things were for them. There are some moving moments at times for some of them when they talk about it!








The only problem that I have run into while watching these programs on the pc, is that some of the links are dead and you end up missing pieces of one episode or missing some episodes completely. That happened to me with "Prison Break" and some of the "Little Britain" episodes.

I did manage to find other sites though that had the links that I was missing. I am not complaining by any stretch of the imagination. I am quite enjoying all the programs that are available on the pc.







I don't turn on the tele anymore. I think in the last 2 months, I have had the tele on twice or three times and that was only to watch the football that I couldn't get on the pc.

The Internet really is amazing and the catch phrase that I heard many years ago, "The Information Highway," is probably the best way to describe it in overall mass and volume of things available.

I don't think even the first pioneers that introduced it, could ever have imagined how it has turned out. It has become such an intrinsic part of people's lives now that they would be lost without it. I love it anyway!!!!!!




1 comment:

Dave Anjema said...

you can catch up on a lot more when you go back to! also gotta check out the 'Sketch Show' I told u about