Thursday, May 17, 2007

Backpackers And Being Oblivious

North Americans take their backpacks everywhere and I mean everywhere. To pubs, bars, cafes and on and on and on. I think it is an extension of themselves, much like people that can't put their cell phones down for 2 minutes. Talk on them in the shower, in the toilet etc. Get over it people. Get a life!!!!!!

Korean people are oblivious. That is the best word to describe them when they are walking or in crowds or among a lot of people.

That is just the way it is and I wanted to just get those two things out there, as they really bother me at times.

I quit my telephone teaching at night. It was a bit of a joke. I had to give 3 days notice if I was going to miss a phone call. The students could cancel the same day and there was no penalty. I was not having that and I told them to forget it. Of the first 15 or so calls that I made, there were 5 cancellations. Not worth my while and definitely not worth hanging around the house from 10pm to 11pm from Monday to Thursday. A good experience, but now history. I was fair about it and asked not to be paid. The least that I could do!!!! The company needs to re-evaluate some of their policies and pay a hell of a lot more..........enough said............Next!!!!!!

4 comments:

Dave Anjema said...

Liverpool have to win now...you deserve it after the week you've been having! I must say..you had me in tears after that one!! Meet tomorrow somewhere? with Rob?

Anonymous said...

One thing worse than a backpack on the subway/in a bar/in school....thats a backpack with a maple leaf on it. What is it with that compulsion?

Anonymous said...

I..will second that Dave , I think Liverpool wll win the cup as United will do the double, hey Paul THE REDS ARE DOING GREAT MATE, i know how much of a red you are eh...

WAYNE

Anonymous said...

gotta love that word: next!