Monday, May 14, 2007

An Eventful Weekend

Friday night, I headed to a little bar and had a few drinks, which ended up turning into too many. I guess the main problem was that I had not eaten all afternoon and was on an empty stomach.

One of the things that I have started to do, is that if I am not hungry, I will not eat. I am listening to my body more carefully nowadays and when it tells me that I have to eat, then I eat. If not, then I just don't eat. Makes sense to me. If I have no energy, that is a sign that I need to eat.

Woke up fairly handy on Saturday morning and headed to Bundang for midday. I finished there about 4pm and then headed back to the Kangnam area, or thereabouts. I finally finished everything about 9pm and decided to head for Hollywood's.

I had my normal grilled chicken sandwich and baked potato there and actually did not have a drink. While I was there, I got a call from Jason that I used to work with at Avalon. He was in Sincheon, which is close to Hongdae and has loads of places to see and hang out at.

I grabbed a taxi and then met him at the big department store. We went to this little 'hole' of a place in the basement of a building. It was quite a cool place and they played some good cool music. Jason and I got chatting about our respective trips overseas.

He managed to go to South Africa, Cambodia, Argentina, Chile and Brazil. He had a great time and had some great stories. Especially about being in Johannesburg, where he went right into the ghettos against some people's advice. He hung out with an African fella and he said he was the only white person there. He said it was very cool and he got to see the real people of South Africa.

He had a few other stories and we had a good time chatting and having a good laugh. Then we decide to go to Hongdae and go to a place called "Tin Pan Alley." I had been there before and it is not a bad place, but mad packed. We met some girls there and flirted a little with them, but I decided to head out about 2 am or so as I wanted to get up and go to the gym, Sunday afternoon.

I woke up about 1pm and headed to the gym. Ran 7.2kms and felt great after my sauna and bath.

I met a girl called Tara on the subway last week. She is Korean and dead fit. I got her number and we decided to meet up on Sunday in Itaewon. I met up with Dave and his flame at the moment- a 20 year old Korean girl. We went for coffee at Coffee Bean in Itaewon and then I met Tara downstairs. Dave and Haejin took off for a walk before I met Tara. I called Dave and we decided to meet up and have some bbq pork at one of the local traditional restaurants that I frequent.

We all had a good time and chatted a little and laughed a little. After we were done, Dave and his girl headed back to Bundang and Tara and I decided to go to an Indian restaurant above the Hamilton Hotel. She had travelled to southern India when she was in her early twenties and now has a penchant for Indian tea. She must have had about 6 cups while we were there!!!!!!

We sat talking for about 2 hours and had a good time. She is a very energetic girl and has a good brain and a great attitude towards life. She was in a bad car accident 3 years ago and it took her that long to recover from it. She has a new outlook on life and is very positive about her life, more so than before.

She is very pretty and dresses very stylishly and I think I like her. We decided that we would see each other again. I think we hit it off really well and I enjoyed her company. We were very honest about a lot of things and that was refreshing. I am not going to even think about where this may be heading, I am just going to enjoy meeting her and hanging out with her.

Not much else happened over the weekend. Just had a good time relaxing yesterday and enjoying the gorgeous spring weather. I am gearing up to get ready to move, which is less than 3 weeks away now. I am looking forward to that immensely.

1 comment:

Dave Anjema said...

love is in the air...lol