Thursday, December 07, 2006

Like A Juke Box Hero!!!!!!


Dave and I have been going to a new place called "Okinawa" and there is an old style jukebox there, but with cds of course. It has some good older songs on it mixed with new ones and is really cheap. It only costs about a dollar for 3 or 4 songs. We were there last night and listened to some good songs. It is not as good as Dublin's though, where we can just choose the songs we want from the computer that they have and they allow us behind the bar to do it also.


It has, as usual, been an eventful week. Lots of things going on, but at the same time, just having fun as usual. Trying to enjoy each moment of every day...... Dave's words to me about 2 or 3 weeks ago.....I am heeding his advice.







I thought that this kind of bad spelling only went on in Korea! I guess this fella should have used "spot check, " the working version of "spell check."




This dog should have a caption under it. It said, "just kill me now!!!!!"



This week has been a bit of an unusual week. We have had about 6 or 7 teachers come to our campus to train who will be going to the new Yongin campus as well as other campuses around Bundang. We are training them about the Avalon system and they watch some of our classes and then do some of our classes to get some teaching practice in. It has been quite fun and it has been a real eye-opener for me.

I didn't realize how good of a teacher that I really was!!!! Watching other people teach with either a small amount of experience or hardly any, made me realize that I have lots of experience and lots of ability now teaching English as a second language. I have tried to help the teachers that I have been shadowing the best that I can, but at times, you have to let them find their own way.


It is not easy when someone is watching you teach and on top of that, add the fact that they are new at everything. I now realize that you cannot replace experience with anything other than experience!!!!!!

This week has been a good week at the gym. I have been every night and had a good chest workout yesterday. I benched 223 for one rep. My strength is slowly coming back. I also did 195 for 6 reps, so that is a good comeback start. I used to do 225 for 6 reps when I was lifting regularly. I did some chest flies and some pec-deck and also did some incline presses.

My incline is improving also. I benched about 155 for 6 reps yesterday. I also ran 2kms after I finished my workout and tonight I am just going to run for 40 mins.

Last night Dave and I were out again. He met up with a guy that had just finished his military duty and it was his first night of freedom, as such. He was with another friend and one girl that was a friend of his friend.

I met up with Dave and them after the gym. We had a few drinks, as usual and the three of the Koreans ended up leaving before we did. They didn't leave any money either!!!! Cheeky bastards. That is so unusual for Koreans, as they usually are the opposite. They kill themselves to pay your bill for you and are so generous. Not this shower of bastards though. I ended up paying the whole bill and I didn't even eat what they ordered. I didn't mind that much, just that they left without offering anything.

Dave and I were having a great time, so I wasn't going to let someone ruin my mood. We ended up back at Dublin's again and met up with another fella, Aaron, that we knew and with Lyndsey who used to work at Avalon.

She was saying that she wants to come back to Avalon and has been talking to Wayne about coming back. She will give her 30 days notice and then come back to Avalon at Migum, she hopes.

I didn't teach a single class today and only taught one yesterday. I only watched the teacher and gave him or her some input and some tips to help them. It was fun to see the kid's reactions to another teacher and I realized how much fun I am with them. I think they realized that today and yesterday too!!!!!!

There is just about 8 weeks to go before I finish my contract now. I am not wishing for the time to come too quickly, but am really looking forward to seeing Mum and Dad and our Jackie. It has been a long time and I just want to give them all a big hug and kisses when I see them. I will not let this much time pass by ever again in the future without seeing them. It will be 2 and a half years by the time February comes around.

I met up with Billy the other night. It was really good to see him and he seemed in really good spirits despite what has happened in his personal life the last month or so. It was just good to hang out with him. Hopefully, Kyle and Chris, two of his friends, will come to Bundang and we can all hang out together.

Gareth from Ulsan was saying that Dan Reid who lives in Seoul, is going to look and see if he can find a good place that is offering a full Christmas dinner. Gareth will come down here and we will all go into Seoul and meet up with Hope and Dan and his girlfriend. I hope it happens because I am sure we will have a great time being together for Christmas. It falls on a Monday and we get the day off, of course. It is the only day that we get off though. Short holidays for all, here in Korea over Xmas.

I threw some more clothes out this week and have been weeding through more stuff to toss out. Slowly getting ready to pack the bare essentials that I will store at a Korean friend's house. Her name is Caroline and she is my Korean teacher and friend. She agreed to let me store some of my stuff at her apartment. She lives with her older sister and younger sister Amy, who I tutor in English sometimes.



No comments: