Tuesday, July 25, 2006

8am Wake Up Calls!!!!!!!!

The summer intensive has started. 2 days into it actually. Now I have to be in work for 10am, which by my standards is really really early.

It seems like a distant dream that I used to get up at 5am everyday to go to work, but I did when I worked for The City Of London, Ontario. I got used to that for about 15 years, so this will be a breeze. Just like riding a bike, I suppose.

The two morning classes are going fairly well and I am even teaching a debate class. It is quite challenging as I have never taught debating, especially as a second language. It is going well and Wayne the head teacher at my school is helping me get indoctrinated into the whole scheme of things.

I am still going to the gym and eating healthy. I ran for 50mins tonight, which was tough, but I did it! I am almost done the antibiotics that the doctor gave me and have noticed a marked improvement in my nasal and tonsular passages. In other words, my nose and throat feel much better!

The doctor laughed at me when he asked me how long I had had these symptoms and I said about 3 months. I don't like to go to the doctor for just anything and tried to get rid of my infection the normal way. It didn't work, hence the antibiotics.

I am too tired at the moment to post a long blog. Tuesday and Thursdays are going to be my bad days. I go in at 10 and finish at 8pm, with only 1 hour and 20 mins between my first two classes and the last four. My mouth is worn out and that is saying a lot for me!!!!!!!

Weather has been fine, warm but not overbearing. July is almost over. I had my 11 month anniversary of quitting smoking on July 20th. I am proud of that accomplishment........ don't miss that dirty habit and I am not a preacher on a box to anyone that does smoke!

1 comment:

Dave Anjema said...

yeah, I don't envy that schedule!