Sunday, July 30, 2006

Brain Drain In My Membrane, Oh What A Shame.

Somedays don't you just wish you could turn your brain off?

I am having one of those days. I am anlayzing everything about anything and driving myself mad in the process.

Some of the things that I am thinking about are not necessarily earth shattering, but still it is one of those days that I just wish I could flip off the brain switch.

Last night Dave and I went to Itaewon, which is about 40 minutes from Bundang. It has the US army base there, so needless to say there are shit loads of foreigners there. It is actually the largest concentration of foreigners anywhere in Korea.

It is a little seedy to tell you the truth, but there are some great places to shop and lots of western style cafes and restaurants. There are a large variation of foods such as Thai, Japanese, Filipino and Chinese plus the normal traditional Korean foods of course.

There is a lot of 'attitude' in the area and non more prevalent than the military guys. You can tell them a mile off with their short hair cuts and when you get closer, their attitudes are even more recognizable. They strutt around with an air of arrogance. It is that obvious.

The only good thing is that they have a midnight curfew and the military police are out in full force checking to see if anyone is breaking the curfew. So after midnight, the boys disappear completely. You will see an American MP and a Korean MP or MP's walking in and out of different places, checking to see if the boys are up to no good or out too late.

Back to the brain drain again. Started thinking about the whole single thing and how much I am liking it and why I did the whole relationship thing! I guess it is good to ask myself these kinds of questions because I don't want to ever do it again.

I think a lot of the time, we, meaning men and women, succumb to the hidden pressures of society's views of being single. Although most people don't ever tell you, they always think that if you are single and especially if you are single for a while, that you are either strange or gay, I suppose.

I know that sounds like a ridiculous statement, but that is how I see it more and more as I am getting older. I just think I am jaded at the moment and coming down hard on myself for being an absolute moron. When am I going to stop this ridiculous cycle of neediness? Hopefully, this will be like the alcoholic trying to quit for the 100th time. This time is it! We shall see, I suppose. Can you teach a wounded dog new tricks? Nat King Cole was a merry old soul and then he got what he wanted!

Anyway, that is one of my beefs about the whole relationship thing. I don't care, by the way. If I did then I guess I would be still married or in a serious relationship. Wait a minute, I was in one of them, again and again and again..... ahhhhhhh!!!!!! Maybe I do care!!!!! Oh, whatever man.

I am finding my blog very therapeutic most of the time now. It helps me put something out there, as such. It is kind of like talking to someone and just wanting them to listen. So, my blog readers are my psychiatrists or therapists. Thanks for listening, by the way.......

I went to the public bath today for the first time in about 3 weeks. It was so nice and relaxing. Usually when I get there, I have a routine that I follow. I go into the sauna, wash off, into the cold bath, into the sauna, wash off, into the cold bath and on and on and on.

Then I go into the steam room and wash off and into the cold bath and on and on and on. I do this for about 45 minutes non-stop and let me tell you, you actually get a good heart exercise going. After I finish, I have a shave with the one dollar razor that you can buy there and then shower and get changed.

When I come out, I feel so clean and it almost feels like my spirit is renewed. Hey, wait a minute! Maybe that is when the brain drain started because I was so relaxed. I guess there are positives and negatives in everything, aren't there?

I talked to my son, Tyler, today. He sounds so grown up now. Well, he will be 19 on September 16th.... shit I feel old now! He was talking about going to the beach and we talked about the World Cup and how his Summer was going and had a few laughs.

I hadn't spoken to him for about 3 weeks, but I finally got him today. He sounds good and he sounds like the typical teenager.

I met his mother when I was 19 and was married at 21. I sure as hell hope he doesn't get married that early. That was a bit too young to get married, looking back. Oh well, what can you do. love and learn dot com!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend Gareth who is from Manchester is coming down here tomorrow. I talked to him today and he is on the outs with his bird as well. She has her stuff packed and he wants her out asap.She is due to leave Korea really soon too. She was living with him too. The school would give her a sum of money as they didn't have to provide a house for her, so everything was squared away that way. She is a Canadian bird and French Canadian background. Seemed like a nice enough girl, but don't they all. Hey, I mean guys and girls, okay!!!!

Must be some kind of epidemic going on, relationship juncture, or is it just coincidental. I think just a part of life as such.

So we should have a good time when he comes down. We, meaning Dave, Gareth and I. I am sure we will get up to no good sometime tomorrow or the day after. It is okay as I have the 3 days off...... remember?

The brain feels much lighter now. Off to bed I go, hi-ho hi-ho hi ho hi ho.




No comments: