Thursday, August 10, 2006

Got The Computer Last Night...... Happy Days!!!

I got my new pc last night and I am very pleased with it, to say the least. It is so fast compared to my laptop and I can do about a half dozen different things at the same time and the pc doesn't get bogged down.



I started copying all my cds to my hard-drive and it takes about 2 minutes to do one cd. It is so fast. I put all the songs into my realplayer and it will be like having a jukebox that pulls songs from anywhere and any style of music that I like. You can pick any type and make a playlist and then hit shuffle and it could literally play for days, if you wanted!!!!!



The weather here is totally unbearable, it is like 34 degrees in the early morning and then the humidity factor is somewhere around the 10 to 15 degrees. My a/c is working well in the apartment, so I can't complain. When I walk out of the door, it feels like I am walking into a heatwave. The building here seem to hold the heat a lot more than what I remember when I was in Canada.

I try not to have the a/c on too much, but today I have left it on fairly low all day. When I go home, I need to have the thing on, so I can cool down. At work the a/c is okay, so no complaints there either.

I didn't go to the gym again last night, but am going to try and go tonight. I had 2 piece of pizza yesterday plus some other fried croquets.....my big cheat for the first time in over 2 months. I feel a little guilty today, believe it or not!!!!!

I have decided to go on one of those 2 day fasts again. It has been a while and to tell you the truth, I don't feel like eating anything in this heat. It will be an opportune time to just clean the tank again. Plus, I won't feel so guilty either... haha... just joking, really.

The speaking tests are on again today. We have an easy time when they are doing the tests. I like the speaking test days a lot. It is a bonus that the speaking test fell on my heaviest day of the week and next Tuesday there are no afternoon classes. That is also my heaviest day of the week. Next Friday the summer intensive is over and we will be back to the 3-10pm shift. Can't wait. I don't like waking up early in the morning compared to the nice relaxing afternoon shift.

I watched the Liverpool game live on my e-season ticket. It is the first game they have offered live video coverage in a long time. I got up at 4 am to watch it and got to bed about 6.30 am. I am a little tired this morning, but after doing this blog, I am now wide awake.

It is now 11.10 am and the first essays should be coming back soon, so off I go to mark them. There will be a few stacks of them today to do, so off to the races, as they say.

2 comments:

Dave Anjema said...

I read that Benitez is still interested in signing Kuyt, that would be great! u should be ashamed for eating that pizza! haha

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul glad to see that your computer is up and running and it is like having a new toy.Spoke to our Gill yesterday and she sent us the photos that is why we sent them to you.You did'nt say whether Liverpool played well or not, but they won anyway.
Love. Mum oxoxox